corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you buy a Cat C repaired car?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you buy a Cat C repaired car?
adiohead

User status: Offline
16th Aug 12 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I had a Cat Slater repaired car once, was held together with chicken fillet bras and lipstick

she's looking more like Noel Fielding every day
Ste
Premium Member

16th Aug 12 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cat C doesn't always mean crashed either. seen a puma on a cat c from a broken window, an astra F on a C from a stuck EGR valve giving an engine light.

I had a rover 25 that was a C due to a dented wing. Got one in colour off ebay for £10 and you couldn't even tell.

Cat C doesn't mean it's a wreck, just that it's uneconomical to repair.

Just to note, motorbility cars can be crashed to fuck and sold as salvage and never go on a cat c

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
CORSA NUT

16th Aug 12 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My RB5 is a CatD, small front end damage. I know when I sell it in a few weeks I will get about 1800/1900 for it which suits me as it was cheap in the first place.
silvercorsabee

16th Aug 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy answer
No

I
Would stay away for piece of mind
AndyCorsaSport

16th Aug 12 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Cat C doesn't always mean crashed either. seen a puma on a cat c from a broken window, an astra F on a C from a stuck EGR valve giving an engine light.

I had a rover 25 that was a C due to a dented wing. Got one in colour off ebay for £10 and you couldn't even tell.

Cat C doesn't mean it's a wreck, just that it's uneconomical to repair.

Just to note, motorbility cars can be crashed to fuck and sold as salvage and never go on a cat c

This guy speaks sense. It's all due to wether the insurance company thinks its worth fixing for the cost.

Not all Cat C/D are fucked, although some are

A lot are written off if airbags have gone off, simple fact of price and labour for all airbags and fitting.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 12 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a cat d 106gti once, true story
Lee H

16th Aug 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport

A lot are written off if airbags have gone off, simple fact of price and labour for all airbags and fitting.

Think that's what happened to mine as when the airbags go off you have to replace the srs module at £700 and the curtain airbags alone are £700 plus the trim and the airbags in the seats as well.

Someone in my family had their 6 month old car broken into and just the two airbags and seatbelts and tensioners nicked and that was written off cat C. It only had 500 miles on it. The cost of the replacement stolen parts was more than half of what the car cost new.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you buy a Cat C repaired car? 24 database queries in 0.0761020 seconds