corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe just fitted and having idleing trouble

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe just fitted and having idleing trouble
x16xecorsa

User status: Offline
15th Aug 12 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right ive just fitted a new x16xe as my old one gave up, i got it all fitted and it ran but it was idling up and down between 1000rpm and 4000rpm it eventually went and i drove it for a day but it was missing so i thought it could possibly be the injector rail so i changed it i put it all back together and the idling problem came back i thought it was ecu at first just resetting itself but it wont go it just keeps idleing up and down any ideas as im at the end of my teather with this car now, ive kept all same ecu and wiring, its also missing at low down revs ?
mattievRS

15th Aug 12 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Idling could be any one of the sensors down. I suspect th missing at low rev could be something to do with the crank sensor or the woodruff key way on the bottom pulley.
x16xecorsa

15th Aug 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattievRS
Idling could be any one of the sensors down. I suspect th missing at low rev could be something to do with the crank sensor or the woodruff key way on the bottom pulley.

would it be ecu atall as its the original i ran on my old engine, and the engine ran perfect when it was in the donnor car ran perfect with no missing or revving problems i have a performance inlet aswell?
*CorsaCal*

15th Aug 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you changed the Air flow meter? If so try your old one as this would be my first step. I dont know though i havent came across it.
.Matt

15th Aug 12 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O2 Sensor
x16xecorsa

16th Aug 12 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i mess with a sensor i think its the maf or map not sure it has a plug and pipe outlet on it, the revs change when i unplug it an plug it back in ive changed the lambda sensor mg water temp sensor guage packed up today aswell and i thought it was that sensor down changed them and no better and my guage still doesnt work any ideas guys im sick to death of not having it running right
*CorsaCal*

16th Aug 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately i dont know mate but id go over every plug and unplung and then re plug it. One mite not be quite pushed in properly or it might remind you of one youve missed. I had to fo this when i did my head gasket. Unpluged snd repluged em all still now dont no which it was cuz it appeard to be fine before? Sorry i cant help any more.
x16xecorsa

16th Aug 12 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i mess with a sensor i think its the or map not sure it has a plug and pipe outlet on it, the revs change when i unplug it an plug it back in ive changed the lambda sensor mg water temp sensor guage packed up today aswell and i thought it was that sensor down changed them and no better and my guage still doesnt work any ideas guys im sick to death of not having it running right

New Poll