corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » External fuel tanks

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author External fuel tanks
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Aug 12 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do I need to find out pressure or will any aftermarket pump do?
AK

18th Aug 12 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bosch 901....

wire a relay fused from the battery with the wiring from your oe fuel pump

Look at pumps and decide what lph you need, then cross reference with your rail pressure...

Failing that just fit a bosch 901, or an 044 if its cheap as chips

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive found this:

Regulated pressure with vacuum - Bar: 3,5+0,06

what this mean?
AK

18th Aug 12 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your fuel rail has a peak pressure of 3.5bar - govered by your FPR which it set via manifold pressure (vacuum line)

I think the 0.06 is a +/- threshold
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the standard pump has the inbuilt FPR as there is no return line i would have to run the FPR at 3.5bar then?

Ohhh it runs off vacuum

So

Tank - Pump - Regulator- Fuel Rail

The the reg has a vacuum connection from the inlet to give more or less fuel dependent on vacuum. But the max would be set to 3.5bar

[Edited on 18-08-2012 by VrsTurbo]

tom130691
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dewismotorsport
I'd leave the tank in the standard location in theory you want the centre of gravity as low and as central as possible for your car to handle well, not sure on how much a Renault tank holds but say 40-60L that's 40-60kg which is heavy so last place I'd put that is behind the rear beam

petrol is 0.75kg per liter
diesel 0.832 kg/l

so up to a quarter lighter than your predictions
AK

18th Aug 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
As the standard pump has the inbuilt FPR as there is no return line i would have to run the FPR at 3.5bar then?

Ohhh it runs off vacuum

So

Tank - Pump - Regulator- Fuel Rail

The the reg has a vacuum connection from the inlet to give more or less fuel dependent on vacuum. But the max would be set to 3.5bar

again. no idea on how that setup would work. Surely someone has done it before though?

Get an adjustable FPR and set that to what ever works.... to get decent injector duty etc etc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » External fuel tanks 23 database queries in 0.0145240 seconds