corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » applying for a mortgage by myself

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author applying for a mortgage by myself
fred7

User status: Offline
24th Aug 12 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been looking at different mortgage sites and they say i can have enough for the house want but if i say i have a wife who dont work they offer pitence. So can i just apply myself and say nothing about the wife or do i have to declare her? Shes a stay at home mum btw so cant just work at the min.
RichR
Premium Member

24th Aug 12 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll have to declare your marital status if they ask which I presume they will. Whilst you could have the mortgage in your name only, they will account for the fact that with being your wife, she has rights over your personal belongings even if she doesn't appear on the interested parties list.

If they don't ask, don't tell them but also don't hide anything as it'll bite you later
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 06:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could just get the mortgage in your name. I did for my first place for the same reason as yourself. It does mean she wont appear on the title for the property.

If she has a share of the deposit you could get a deed of trust drawn up by your conveyencer.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
RichR
Premium Member

25th Aug 12 at 06:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were you married at the time Phil?
Edd

25th Aug 12 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As your married the lender will ask about over 17's living in the property. If she is providng money for the deposit most will want her named on the mortgage if she's not the lawyer will get her to sign a document stating she has no right to the property in event of repossession.
fred7

25th Aug 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a problem her having a share etc iam putting all the deposit etc and if we split she would have half anyway. its just getting the mortgage. even considered divorcing just to get the mortgage. spoke to an adviser and he said what you have said she will have to be declared
fred7

25th Aug 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a "quote" for a mortgage we need want and its £260 a month we are renting now paying £520 so a massive saving a month. i know about other things to do with a mortgage but its half a month
John

25th Aug 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's very little for a mortgage.

You being happy giving her half doesn't mean the mortgage company will be.

Surprised you can't get a £260 a month mortgage when declaring her, you'd be better posting some figures tbh, or speaking to a lender.
fred7

25th Aug 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Halifax have said they will give me £90k on my own but if i declare the wife they will give me £33 its mental i can understand lower amount but not that much. The house is in a area that use to be rough but fine now and house needs some work thats y its only £60k so would need £54k thanks for the advice
John

25th Aug 12 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

56K over 35 years at 5% is £285 a month. Interest rate any higher would be more obviously.
fred7

25th Aug 12 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh thats about rite john. But how do i get the £56 i need with my wife? Is it a case divorce and do it like that say iam on my own?

New Poll