corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nurburgring people (graham, Steve, ollie etc)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nurburgring people (graham, Steve, ollie etc)
big eck

User status: Offline
26th Aug 12 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I know there's a few threads about this place but I need as much info as you can give me.

For mates 30th he's decided that he wants to go to the ring. Great idea as there's a few of us that have always wanted to do it. It'll be next year in July sometime and for a maximum of 3 days. We're planning on getting the ferry from Rosyth which is only 30 mins away from us. What kinda costs are involved for hotels/food/petrol roughly. I know it won't be an exact price but a ball park figure just gives us something to go by.

Is it possible to rent a lodge of some kind that sleeps upto 8 and over and would this be a cheaper option???

The ring laps themselves vary a lot so I think we're just gonna pay per lap which is €26.

What's the price of food/drink like over there???

Apart from the ring is there any other places we can go for tourists???

As I said as much info as possible please and be prepared for loads of stupid questions.
Graham88

26th Aug 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tank of fuel there & tank back, depending on the car but my M3 made it there just about so can't be many cars that are worse than that. Fuel when there depends how many laps you do. I'm paying €800 for 4 nights in an 8 villa place 1.5km from the Ring. So €100pp about £80, do its pretty cheap. Look up 'Lindner Ferienpark'.
Food is reasonable, I generally take my own lunch stuff like noodles/hot dogs/milk (I'm fussy about milk :lol so it brings cost down. A meal out roughly €15pp but again depends what you have or drinking. Basically it's not ridiculous, cheaper than over here
Petrol is also about the same as here, €177.9 last time I went which equated to 148.9 which at the time was what I was paying for VPower

Tourist stuff well the Ring is the main tourist attraction, you have a few bits dotted around, Karting has gotta be done, the Ring museum is alright. There's the Nurburg Castle aswell for a nice scenic view. Other than that I'm not sure
Chris C

26th Aug 12 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went a few weeks back for 3 nights, in total I spent £600...

That's included tank of fuel there and tank back plus half a tank for driving around and the three laps worth I used, also included eating out/ go karting three times and accomadation.

That was for me and the mrs, had a brilliant time
big eck

26th Aug 12 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's great info guys. The first thing we have to do is price the ferry. I'm guessing it'll be expensive as us up here have another 450 miles on top of what yous do if we left from Dover. Hopefully the one from Rosyth isn't to expensive. I think a tank of fuel to get over sounds about right as long as we don't go hooning it about lol.

How do we check that there isn't any testing, official facing goin on that weekend??? Don't want to go over then not be able to go on track.

I take it AA international breakdown cover is an absolute must???
Graham88

26th Aug 12 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.php/nuerburgring-guide-by-btg/2012-nurburgring-nordschleife-opening-times

Look on there that's when the track is open to the public

Yes definetly get breakdown cover. £53 mine cost me as additional cover on the RAC and best money spent given my troubles on the last trip, I'd have been stuffed otherwise
Chris C

26th Aug 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like graham said its only £50 odd so not worth risking it... Me and Andy took a nice steady drive and I managed to do around 420 out of the impreza which saved me so money. Depends how your mates drive I guess lol
Ojc

26th Aug 12 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Things to do? Michael Schumacher kart centre, Rodelbahn, fantasia land, in the evenings I started going further afield to see some of the land marks from WW2 like the bridge at Remagan & the Hurtgen forest, all quite close by.

If you wanna save costs camp, decent campsites decent facilities and not busy and always clean as long as you don't go when there is a massive event on.
big eck

26th Aug 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Camping would be good for the guys but the women would have a different idea lol so it'll have to be a hotel/lodge of some kind.

Graham, €1000 you say for an 8 berth+ lodge??? That's not to bad. It'll only be for 3 nights so it should be even cheaper still. £100 a head for digs is our limit.
Ojc

26th Aug 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100 a head for 3 nights?
big eck

26th Aug 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100 a head for 8+ people is more than enough for a lodge I would have thought. Or do they charge per person per night??? No need for the stupid laughing face either, if your not willing to help without being your usual smart arsed self then don't even reply.
Ojc

26th Aug 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok pal.

There are loads of places dotted around Adenau that you can rent
Graham88

27th Aug 12 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its €800 for 4 nights, so €100pp which at the moment s about £80

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nurburgring people (graham, Steve, ollie etc) 23 database queries in 0.0110571 seconds