corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cannot wake up in the morning on time

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cannot wake up in the morning on time
Wrighty

User status: Offline
29th Aug 12 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
Don't do drugs do you? I know loads of stoners who struggle to sleep.

lol

theyre probably stoners to help them sleep thats why they do it!
chrisritch

29th Aug 12 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamied
i just ordered this
http://www.clocky.com/

I had one that was wank and broke, Replaced it with one that shoots a little polystyrene helicopter out and you have to find it and put it back in the holder to stop the alarm lol

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gift-gadgets/flying-alarm-clock/30002704.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=gp_gifts&affil=thggpsad&gclid=CK-J8YjWjLICFeTHtAodEkkA8g
A2H GO

29th Aug 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm up at 6:45 for work, if I go bed before 10 or earlier I'm sound, any later I'm absolutely fucked.

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by A2H GO]
Matt L

29th Aug 12 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have my alarm set to the latest possibly time that i can leave it to get up seems to work well .

11ish till 6:30 in weekdays, I tend to find im more awake if i go to sleep later rather than earlier
Dom

29th Aug 12 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The blue part of the light spectrum is directly connected to your bodies circadian rhythm and helps to regulate your sleep cycle; more 'blue' light causes you to feel more alert, less 'blue' light starts the onset of sleep and melatonin production.
Therefore you should really avoid using displays (computers/TV/tablets/phones to some extent) in the evenings.

If you have to use your computer in the evenings then i would recommend using Flux (http://stereopsis.com/flux/), available on Windows/Mac/Jailbroken iOS, which essentially reduces the blue in the displays colour profile.
will_ainsworth

29th Aug 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im just as bad, its partly to do with your age aswell, sleep patterns are different for teenagers etc, your natural body clock changes with age. also if you are using your computer at night its really not good.

also, a bit off key but as of late theres been research into internet use and how its similar to addiction to cocaine and other addictions. so it probably isnt wise to be using it before bed, if it does trigger similar things to drugs, its probably not good to be using computers before bed...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/9009125/Internet-addiction-affects-the-brain-like-a-drink-or-drug-problem.html

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by will_ainsworth]
jrdn7

29th Aug 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm starting to think the problem I'm having is that I'm always busy with something, so I go to bed still on a high so to speak.

I've always really gone to bed at 12 or so, any earlier and I'm too tired for some reason later in the day. Any later and I'm knackered for the start of the day. 12 used to be the happy medium!

And no Tom, I don't do drugs.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drink lots of water
jrdn7

29th Aug 12 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
drink lots of water

Already do that mate, drink about 2.5-3 litres a day. Play a 60 min game of football each day on top of the running I already do. Cut down on the fizzy/energy drinks cause most of my mates have to get braces/fillings/teeth pulled now!
corsadonk
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always go to bed around 10 pm, I love my sleep.
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Aug 12 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently what's working for me is setting my personal mobile phone alarm (at bedside table) to go off 30mins earlier. I wake up with that and read the news/forums/emails then sometimes doze off again.

My work phone then goes off on time which is at the other side of the bedroom, I go switch that off and then I'm stood up - so make my way quickly to the shower before I sit back down again

My issue is purely laziness though, I can get up fine at the weekend or when I'm on holiday - it's just getting up for work I struggle with.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nick_sri

30th Aug 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is what you need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-l5PlDa-k
Root

31st Aug 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Its just discipline and routine. I can be up at any time of the morning without an alarm, went through a phase of planning to be up at 6am, no alarm, not tired, ready for the day, but you need to be strict.

That used to bother me when I worked night shifts, no set working pattern, but if I set my alarm for 3am, you can guarantee I'd wake at 2:58, it's like the body knows, it hacks my brain
Tom G

31st Aug 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:

lol

It can cause insomnia can't it?
Ian W

31st Aug 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:

lol

It can cause insomnia can't it?

That sounds like a myth stoners come up with to make themselves feel better

When I smoked it I never got a decent nights sleep (this went on for four of five years).

[Edited on 31-08-2012 by Ian W]
sc0ott

31st Aug 12 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always wake up about 4am for a piss then im back up at 6am. Hardly ever sleep right through to 6.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cannot wake up in the morning on time 24 database queries in 0.0113270 seconds