corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Ciggy lighter - help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ciggy lighter - help?
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   30th Aug 12 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I've got a Corsa b POV model it came with NO ciggy lighter so I got one from another Corsa (well the full ash tray and cig lighter part) and went about fitting It BUT the wire conectors are not there on a Pov model spec Corsa to just plug and play?!

So I just ran x2 wires a live and neg to my cd player and it only power up to make the cig lighter work.. But my sat nav and phone charger doesn't work? What have a done wrong haha

Help need my sat nav ASAP thanks!!!!
jay26

30th Aug 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usally because you have the wrong lead for your sat nav, they supply new one's with aux leads. If the fag lighter works properly then I would try that
kev
Premium Member

30th Aug 12 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine the older sat nav it works in every other car I've owned just not this Corsa I've tried everything get sick now like
kev
Premium Member

30th Aug 12 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can i not just run a wire from my battery live and neg and put it on a switch? I'm totally rubbish with wires
Munchie

30th Aug 12 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could do that but it will always be on....

Why not wire it to your side lights or something? Meaning the ciggie lighter only comes on when you turn your lights on
jayy.cfg

30th Aug 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem like yourself so i would like to know the how to, i think u need to do something else, myself i had a inline fuse running 1 wire to live and another to neg, ciggy works but nothing else.
corsa-torque

30th Aug 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wires should be there from factory, pov spec or not...

in pov spec models with no lighter as standard the cig loom is taped up, you'll need to remove the stereo and the loom is normally cable tied to a dash support, cut the cable ties and un-tape the loom and u'll find the two plugs
kev
Premium Member

30th Aug 12 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ I've done this it's Defo 100% not in the loom ive cut the cable ties off and even removed the plastic bit to give me more room still nothing there, I've got two Corsas my other one had the wires this Pov spec hasn't its a pain in the ass I've give up for today! I can only get the cig lighter to work but nothing else still.. I've even ran a wire from ignition live? I only want it for a sat nav nothing else.
Haimsey
Premium Member

31st Aug 12 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wires should be there. Did this in the gfs 1.2 8v club I think, I did make a thread on it but unsure if it's still around.
The wires are wrapped up in the loom somewhere.

Edit: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=486493&highlight=1&pid=6373625#pid6373625

Pics dead though. Wording might provide guidance?

[Edited on 31-08-2012 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
kev
Premium Member

1st Sep 12 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame the pics dont work
Haimsey
Premium Member

1st Sep 12 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, not sure where I hosted them.
From memory they were literally showing the radio removed and they're cable tied to the metal frame therein.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Mark.W

1st Sep 12 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the same after having no ciggy lighter in mine for 5 years but my cousin found mine taped up in the loom in 5mins and i could never find them but they were there after all this time.

I would have thought the sxi would already have a ciggy lighter connected up from factory.
kev
Premium Member

1st Sep 12 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark it's not my xe sxi it's my other Corsa Fefs always had one

I have had the loom stripped and theres no wires there like I was looking for about an hour and give up! So am going to run a wire from my battery live and neg a inline fuse and on a switch..... I've had enough now
jayy.cfg

2nd Sep 12 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kev that is how mine is run and still i dont have enuf power coming thru to pwer the satnav up
gav93

2nd Sep 12 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on mine i have wired it from battery with in line fuse, works fine, only after all that ball ache i found two wired underneath the glovebox area which were brown and black and had a plug on the end taped up... (im assuming thats possibly a ciggy lighter one but its too short) have a look around there if not just do as i done seems to run fine and has never ever drained the battery or anything stupid like that pal.
kev
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spent another hour looking yesterday and still havnt solved my cig lighter problem the skin on my hands won't take the pain anymore
gav93

3rd Sep 12 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wire it from battery as said
kev
Premium Member

28th Sep 12 at 02:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

REET, I still havnt solved this masive problem out and i have serched for hours now looking for this stupid block that isnt there so now i need another way round my problem i really need my sat nav and phone charger so HELP needed

*** Soooo wiring from the battery.. HELP! ***

- what kind of wire should i use + buy?
- inline fuse.. how many amp?
- and i will fit a switch? so its not always live (obv!)

and so this will work??? and power a phone charger and sat nav yeah..??

.....i havnt a clue about wires incase you havnt noticed, HeLpppPppp
tobyc20xe

28th Sep 12 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had to do this on my mate corsa and used 17amp wire from halfords,with a 15amp fuse (fuse must allways be less then the wire ovs!) as for a switch any will do really so long as it can run up 15 amps same as fuse.

or tap into a live wire that only comes on ones the cars running.
Ste
Premium Member

28th Sep 12 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easiest and safest way to do this is to buy a piggy back fuse

eBay link

just find a fuse in the in-car fusebox that is an ignition live then pull it, add this and put the original fuse back in as well as one for the ciggy lighter.

the trailing lead off the piggy back can then be joined to your ciggy lighter with some 14 gauge wire.

Make sure you're plugging it into the right terminals on the ciggy lighter though as they have three terminals on them and by the sounds of it you're connecting up to the one that lights it up.

There will be one on the body (earth) one on the base (live feed) and one on the side which you can connect to your sidelight feed to light it up when you have your lights on.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll