corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What could cause this damage?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What could cause this damage?
JM_16v

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stripped my engine down after it starting to smoke on the Dyno, i found this damage as well as bits of metal that looked like turbo fan blades, i spat out the exhaust turbines of two turbos early least year and have done 500 miles since. after 500 miles have they just wiggled free of the intercooler?

or is it DET?

All four pistons have gone

could it be mapping error?

[Edited on 02-09-2012 by JM_16v]
JM_16v

2nd Sep 12 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damage is parts missing of the pistons, i can see the rings on some of the pistons there are also some dented/melted areas on the pistons and on the head.
SportBoy

2nd Sep 12 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like det to me. would think it would be picked up by the op if it started on a dyno? Ie det cans

[Edited on 02-09-2012 by SportBoy]
davegreen
Premium Member

2nd Sep 12 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As sportyboy said looks like serious case of det been happening for some time by the looks of it. your going to need to get fueling and timing sorted if you rebuild the engine. can also be caused by burning oil or water. not nice to see that when you take head off!
Warren G

2nd Sep 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

marks on head are from forgien objects entering the combustion camber, ie tops of pistons

hard to say by the pics

gazza808

2nd Sep 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the marks match between pistons and head?

If you've had two turbos let go I'd say that tbh,

Mate had pretty much the same on his supra, but the bits of the turbine will still stuck in the head lol.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What could cause this damage? 23 database queries in 0.0123301 seconds