corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ideas for budget track toy?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ideas for budget track toy?
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Sep 12 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

106 XSi?
FAZ
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

206 bruv faster than an evo / 200sx, brakes better to
FAZ
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*breaks
geth_16vsport

5th Sep 12 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i was on that budget i go for a kart i just picked up a biland sa250 for £1000 and its great fun

owners drive days range from about £25 to £60 ive been out on it everyother weekend since i picked it up and thats and thats alot more track time than i could afford doing trackdays in my car

i even rolled it last sunday and didnt cost that much to put right so there even cheap to fix aswell
Pucci1

5th Sep 12 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa xe
flybikeslee

5th Sep 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eg civic
geth_16vsport

5th Sep 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or for a car id say e36 325/328 there a fun drive to
Firestate88

5th Sep 12 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nova with either a 1.6 8/16v with a few mods, 1.8 with a few mods or with an xe should go pretty well and pretty easy to fix (have a look at M Suttons his is very nice)

[Edited on 05-09-2012 by Firestate88]
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, 106 Gti/Saxo vts.

But buy one already with suspension and minor engine mods as fitting it all yourself will just end up costing loads. Then buy these off me

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
scottyp1989

5th Sep 12 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Good luck getting a remotely decent enough car thats going to be fun on track for £200/£300.

Mk2 MR2 gets my vote though. Might not be as quick over-all as an RS Clio (well not with a beginner behind the wheel) but it will be alot more fun on the whole.

Bet there wouldnt be much in it at all tbh, mr2 is around 160hp and Roughly around the same weight.
antnee

5th Sep 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
quote:
Good luck getting a remotely decent enough car thats going to be fun on track for £200/£300.

Mk2 MR2 gets my vote though. Might not be as quick over-all as an RS Clio (well not with a beginner behind the wheel) but it will be alot more fun on the whole.

Bet there wouldnt be much in it at all tbh, mr2 is around 160hp and Roughly around the same weight.

It is easy to get a clio to sub 1000kg, you struggle to get a mr2 to sub 1100kg. Remember the MR2 has 4 bulkheads which adds loads of weight
scottyp1989

5th Sep 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
quote:

It is easy to get a clio to sub 1000kg, you struggle to get a mr2 to sub 1100kg. Remember the MR2 has 4 bulkheads which adds loads of weight

Will give it a go in a couple of weeks see what i can get mine down to.
antnee

5th Sep 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trust me, I work on a MR2 which races in the MR2 Championship, their regs are min weight of 1200kg with driver, my driver is around 90-100kg. The car has 1 fan, no heater matrix, no undertrays, bonnet has had bracing taken off etc
scottyp1989

5th Sep 12 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i belive you, i know there not that much to take out really unless i starts goin FG/carbon pannels. But will see what it ends up at when im finished, they are still a fun car either way, especially when you can pick up spares and repair turbos for around 500
antnee

5th Sep 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, pick up light damage write offs for 200quid
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
5th Sep 12 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One think I wouldn't do is start faffing about changing the engine.
McWillster

6th Sep 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starlet GT Turbo. Could pick up a poor condition (bodywork wise) for around a grand.

Throw £500-£600 at it to raise it to 1 bar and you would have a very capable track car.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ideas for budget track toy? 24 database queries in 0.0119021 seconds