corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » My SRI is drinking fuel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My SRI is drinking fuel
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Oct 12 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Corsa C 1.8 16v, what should you expect from a tank of petrol milage wise?

The moron who owned it previously has a air cone jobbie on it, trying to source an sri air box still. This much effect but by how much?

Brett
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never knew whether it was the cone itself that made consumption go up or whether it was because you were more enclined to put your foot down to hear it make a noise Probs a bit of both. Doesn't help you tho willay.

[Edited on 01-10-2012 by Brett]
willay
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it doesnt really help does it mate

I've done half a tank in like 120 miles, I have no warning lights up and the engine seems to run sweet.

Not sure if I'm loosing the plot or not tbh
GB123
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cone air filters can have a massive effect on fuel consumption sometimes, seem to let too much hot air in which makes the ecu go crazy.
Rich H

1st Oct 12 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.2 Twinport used to drink like a fish when I ran mine with a cone filter on it for a bit tbh
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only get around 250-300 from my astra
gary2097

1st Oct 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will be lucky to get much more from half a tank than 120 miles tbh. I get 350-400 from a full tank on my 1.4 so id say that isnt too bad mate
willay
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd Oct 12 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said though mate, depends how you drive it. On this current tank I used half of it in 120 miles, so it could be a combination of the cone and putting your foot down too much

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll