corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » California Road Trip - San Francsico, Yosemite, Santa Cruz, LA, San Diego and Vegas - Any recommenda

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author California Road Trip - San Francsico, Yosemite, Santa Cruz, LA, San Diego and Vegas - Any recommenda
Recaro1

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In 2 weeks I will be off to California with my mate for 2.5weeks

We're starting in San Francisco for 4 days, then we hire a mustang and head off to Yosemite, then Santa Cruz following the coast down to LA, onto San Diego and then to Vegas. We will see the Grand Canyon as well.

I know theres a few people on here who have been to Vegas - anything I should see or do?

Any other info about other places we are gonna see would be great.

We've book accomodation in SF, Yosemite and Vegas. The rest we will book out there as I was told you can get a massive discount on prices if you go into a hotel after 3/4pm. We also dont really know where we will be - may want more days in 1 place and less in others

Welsh Dan

3rd Oct 12 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Came back from SF and LV on Sunday.

Make sure you go to Alcatraz. You need to book tickets now, its unlikely you'll get them if you leave it until you get there.

With Vegas, if you want to see the Grand Canyon by helicopter, you need to book it three or four days in advance.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

3rd Oct 12 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I booked Grand Canyon helicopter the day before
Try and do desert buggies. Awesome fun and go to a gun range.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Welsh Dan

3rd Oct 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we were unlucky as there were a few conventions going on at the same time which they said meant that the helicopters were full, whereas they were sometimes half empty.
Siberia

3rd Oct 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/index.aspx

great day out.
Captain_Rosco

3rd Oct 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
I booked Grand Canyon helicopter the day before

Same.

I was told to book it weeks before I went, didnt bother and there were plenty of space when I got there.

whitter45

8th Oct 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

planning this for next year - will be interesting to see how you get on
Balling
Premium Member

8th Oct 12 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
go to a gun range.
I can recommend American Shooter in Vegas. Not far off the strip by taxi.

Drink lots of zinfandel and don't plan every day in advance, great shit will happen around every corner.

Recaro1

8th Oct 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We havent planned anything really, but its more I dont want to miss out on something. Nothing worse then someone saying "Wow, did you do xxxxx its amazing" when you get back!

Firing a gun is definitely on the list. As well as an aerial view of the Grand canyon.

liamC

8th Oct 12 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucky bastard, sounds class.
whitter45

8th Oct 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Recaro1
We havent planned anything really, but its more I dont want to miss out on something. Nothing worse then someone saying "Wow, did you do xxxxx its amazing" when you get back!

Firing a gun is definitely on the list. As well as an aerial view of the Grand canyon.

we did the grand canyon last year on Route 66 - its an awesome place - make sure you are there for sunset

Also Helicopter ride over Hoover dam is awesome aswell

Nath

8th Oct 12 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off to Vegas next year and firing some guns is top of my list
Russ

8th Oct 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'guns'
Nath

8th Oct 12 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking right it's plural
Balling
Premium Member

8th Oct 12 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nothing worse then someone saying "Wow, did you do xxxxx its amazing" when you get back!
It's not a competition mate.

You will get tons of people who have been and seen completely different things than you. You'd have to live there for several years to see and do it all.

Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Oct 12 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus and I hope to do a similar trip next, we did Florida this year and want to go back in a few years - but between now and then I'd like to see California.

We did some preliminary research and it just seems you can't possibly do everything you want without 3-4weeks.

We had a Mustang in Florida btw, it was horrible to drive

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Recaro1

9th Oct 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

I have heard this!! But it was the only cool car really. As we are driving from San Fran to Vegas 1 way, the cars were limited.

Recaro1

11th Oct 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan

Make sure you go to Alcatraz. You need to book tickets now, its unlikely you'll get them if you leave it until you get there.

With Vegas, if you want to see the Grand Canyon by helicopter, you need to book it three or four days in advance.

Who did you use to see the Grand Canyon by Helicopter?

Seems to be a few online
Balling
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Yeah, we had a Challenger and that was a shitty car as well. Driving on highway 1 it just felt incredibly heavy and the automatic gearing was just aggressive as hell. Slightly touching the accelerator while cruising would result in it jumping two gears down and roaring like a beast. Woke the missus up more than once that way and each time got accused of driving like a boyracer.

Luxury sedan and estate is the class to get, tbh. My mate had the Crysler 300C and said it was fantastic on the long rides.

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Oct 12 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want guns, get in contact with this guy - http://www.shootingsafaris.com/

Can't remember which package we had but there were loads of guns in a great big empty range, not at all rushed and all explained properly. Well worth it.
Balling
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian, where is that located, though? Getting in and out of Vegas can take a while and if he's only there for a few days choosing something like American Shooter that's just off the strip makes good sense in order to conserve time.

Nath

11th Oct 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone been to or know of http://machinegunsvegas.com/ ?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Oct 12 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Ian, where is that located, though?
Can't remember but it didn't take long to drive there.

We also did one in a gun shop down town somewhere and I felt like I was going to get shot at any minute, cramped little shop with loads of mad people.
Welsh Dan

11th Oct 12 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan

Who did you use to see the Grand Canyon by Helicopter?

Seems to be a few online

Papillion seemed like the best out of all of them. They're probably mostly the same though. Pick you up from your hotel, drive you to the airport, all that nonsense.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » California Road Trip - San Francsico, Yosemite, Santa Cruz, LA, San Diego and Vegas - Any recommenda 24 database queries in 0.0134878 seconds