corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa B.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Corsa B.
FozzDogg1993

User status: Offline
4th Oct 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys im pretty new to this site only been on for about a year as i joined to buy parts and stuff for my 1998 Corsa Breeze. But i thought id do a thread on it as i am getting rid and buying a redtop. I was going to redtop mine but as an asian slammed on in front of me on purpose he bent all my slam panels and chassis so i scrapped the idea and just thought to buy one instead.

This is how she started off.

Then next i bought a second hand boot off ebay with a spoiler on and fully smoothed and de-wipered it. I also added a solenoid that wired to my rear wiper that now opens the boot.

I then bought a Square reg for the back(Temporary) and invested in some black lexus lights as the originals were damaged.

Was sick of the steelys and rubbish wheel trims so i bought some 15" alloys in gloss black. Unsure of the make but if someone could tell me that would be great! (Also bought some blacked out indicators because the orange ones and horrible)

After buying the alloys i decided i wanted to smarten up the body eg: paint. The bonnet was in quite bad condition with paint reaction and a really deep scratch so i completely repaired it and sprayed it black!

I had to drive it like the last picture for the weekend as i ran out of time on the friday so heres a few pics befoe i high build primered it on the monday.

And here's the finished product

I then purchased a set of angel eye headlights. I was going to go with depo's but i decided against it.

THEN!! A week after i sprayed my bonnet i went straight into the back of a suzuki baleno! The stupid asian slammed on for no reason and claimed every possible claim he could. Even said there was more people in the ar than there was in his car and stuff. So i was back to square one with the front end again. So heres what it went from to now what it looks like. Theres also a picture of the 'Damage' i apparently did to his car which i didnt because he smashed it up to make it look worse haha shame i got pictures

And then when i went home for the weekend my alternator fryed. So i ended up spending saturday morning fitting a new alternator!

Then whilst i flatted the high build on the bonnet ready for paint my friend decided he wanted to buff the full car! And it turned out mint! Also removed the side door trims as i thought it looked better.

As you can see in the picture above i scotched my roof down as i was going to spry it black along with the bonnet but by the time id sprayed the bonnet i saw a really big dint on the roof so left it for another day(This still hasnt been done!)

After this i decided i needed to tidy up the rear bumper and i came to a hard decision of wether to do my arches and the tops of the bumpers gloss black or do them all colour coded. i decided to do them colour coded for some reason and here's how it turned out

This is what it looked like once it had been repaired and high builded. YES i drove round with it looking like that :L.

And here's how it turned out

My next idea was to smooth my front bumper where the licence recess is and the trim round the top (Partly why i chose colour coded bumpers and arches). In the end i found one on ebay for £30 and it has an irmscher splitter on

I then prepped it for high build as it was already smoothed and primered

Then i high build primered it.

Sadly i had to then strip it all back EVEN the filler because it had cracked and the person who had done it before must have used standard filler and not plastic :/, Its now sat in my bedroom like picture one again. i will probably spray it when i get my redtop on the 20th of October .

Sadly my alloys were then violated by an R32 whilst driving across a crossroad and he pulled out infront of me and teared it apart

I am now currently respraying them and ive only got up to high build atm and will be flatting and spraying them tommorow

Oh i also had ago at tinting my own back windows they turned out mint with no bubbles atall!!

5th October.
Well today i flatted the wheels and wet on wet primered them but because i didnt charge my phone it died on me and i only got pictures of wet on wet and not the colour

Also my n/s wheel bearing was whiring like mad at me so i got a mate next door to fix me up with a new one

[Edited on 05-10-2012 by FozzDogg1993]

Haimsey
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good!

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
FozzDogg1993

5th Oct 12 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Man
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not keen on the rear lights or boot but it looks like you've done a good jobs of it all

Nice work!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Christopher

5th Oct 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans sound good! Not keen on fully smoothed boot, rear lights and tints but should look good with the smoothed front on etc! needs some lows Hate driving around like that
ArdenblueDan

5th Oct 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not keen on the boot and square plate but the colour coding looks the nuts dude
FozzDogg1993

5th Oct 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah im not too keen on lexus lights myself they look tacky but they was just a spur of the moment thing haha, and yeah im going to remove the reg from the boot and put it to one side on the bumper. i was gonna slam it but im getting a redtop on the 20th though gonna do some proper work that that. Thanks guys
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Oct 12 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels are Mille Miglia Spiders.

Don't love the plate, may as well have a standard boot if you're going to have it there.

Don't forget if you move it to the bumper you'll need to move the number plate light as well.
FozzDogg1993

5th Oct 12 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks ian! And yeah ill bear that in mind gonna have a think about it and maybe build the bumper out or set it back to suit
ArdenblueDan

5th Oct 12 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wheels would look great on low profile tyres with the car dropped
tobyc20xe

6th Oct 12 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to sound a cunt but why the hell not take bits off to spray then? really not the way to do thing! but apart from that car looks good mate keep it up.
ArdenblueDan

6th Oct 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colour coded handles next surely
FozzDogg1993

6th Oct 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my next plans were colured handles, fit eleccy windows, a toador clifford alarm, black roof, slam it othet little things like wind deflectors n stuff but im buying a redtop on the 20th off here then trading parts and stuff as the redtop im buying already had a toad alarm, keyless handles and coloured handles. Its also flame red
ArdenblueDan

6th Oct 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet dude sounds like a plan
FozzDogg1993

9th Oct 12 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought a new HID kit and a set of new Gsi skirts. But not going to put them on yet. Will put them on the other car im getting on the 20th

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa B. 25 database queries in 0.0157590 seconds