corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NCB's on 2 cars?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NCB's on 2 cars?
Mark.W

User status: Offline
12th Oct 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 2 cars with 2 policys and have all my NCB's on the car i use the least (6years ncb) and on my daily (1 years ncb coming up 2 years in February)

Now that my insurance is due next week on the car i use the least i was thinking of swapping my ncb's around so i have the 6 years on the daily and the 1 year on the least used car.My insurers say it won't make it any cheaper either way but think it would be best to have all my ncb on the car i use the most.

what would you do?
jibjob

12th Oct 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it won't affect the price you're paying for both cars leave it on the least used one, that way if you do have a crash in your daily you've only lost 1 year and not 6.
Toby
Premium Member

12th Oct 12 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but logically, NCB gives you a discount so place it on the one that costs more to insure as the discount will be bigger maximising your saving.
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Oct 12 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a con! if you have an accident thats your fault it will effect both policy's any way. adrian flux are tying to find a way around this for poeple with multiple cars.
Corsa_Sport21

12th Oct 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comparison sites come in pretty handy for this sort of stuff.

The car you use the least, i take it you have a low annual mileage on the policy etc??
Eck
Premium Member

12th Oct 12 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, if it's not making a difference, keep the large amount of ncb on the car least likely to have an incident.
Mark.W

12th Oct 12 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a low annual mileage on the least used car policy as i was told it still wouldn't make any difference whether i do 4k or 10k a year.

A guy a work mention classis car insurance as it 15 years old now but i dont really think its possible as it not really a clasic is it.
GB123
Premium Member

12th Oct 12 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can still get classic insurance if the car is 15 years old though.
John

12th Oct 12 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure on the correctness of an extra 5 years NCB and less miles not bringing the policy down.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Oct 12 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ncb should but less miles won't I asked what difference if iput less than 1000 miles on the puma per year and they said no difference
Corsa_Sport21

13th Oct 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 5 years NCB will bring it down if he uses it on his daily. But then the premium of his 2nd car might rocket right up with only 1 year NCB on it.

I think thats what he means, no matter which way he does it, it will even itself out.

As said, comparison site will help as it will give you an idea of the over-all cost for both ways.
Mark.W

13th Oct 12 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i just renewed the insurance this morning on the least used car and iv just left it the same for now as im not really not going to be saving any money which ever way i do it.

I should have swapped them around when i got my second car but never really thought of it at the time.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NCB's on 2 cars? 23 database queries in 0.0057161 seconds