corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance question
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
14th Oct 12 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was to sell the Astra would leaving the insurance running until the end of the policy cause any problems? It runs out in March next year and if I was to sell the car now I probably wouldn't be getting a car until next year.

I paid for the insurance upfront in 1 lump sum so it would be a shame to cancel it and lose the NCB but is there any clause to say I can't do this?
John

14th Oct 12 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally I would say it's ok to do it, I've done it before a few times.

In your case there will be some story with the astra and it'll get crashed and actually cause you problems, so don't do it.
Jamie-C

14th Oct 12 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Balls, don't want to be risking anything.
Would be nice to have that 1 years NCB behind me next year. Might be worth buying a £50 shit heap and changing my policy over to that then.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Oct 12 at 02:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not get a refund for the unused portion?
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 06:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check with your insurance company, some charge for canceling and you could end up worse off than if you get a £50 scraper, you could then wheigh this in when done for £100+ at a scrap yard.
Toby
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 07:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Can you not get a refund for the unused portion?

I'm gessing he could but its more about the NCB hes going to lose.... saying that paying 6 months insurance for a car you dont own is a bit of a false economy because the money saved by earning an y]extra years NCB is going to be less than 6 months insurance (in most cases)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question 23 database queries in 0.0087111 seconds