corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Petrol Smell, Clicking Tank Vent Valve?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol Smell, Clicking Tank Vent Valve?
Cardie

User status: Offline
18th Oct 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since I bought my Corsa B (X14SZ) about 3 months ago theres always been a smell of petrol if I wind the windows down, and pretty much everytime I get out after a drive. It doesnt do it when the heater is on, I heard there a common problem for petrol to leak out the pipes and the vapours get blown into the cabin.

I had a sniff around and the petrol smell seems to be comming from the Front drivers wing, where the carbon canister is. So its working okay, also there is no leaks.

I used a Diagnostics to test 'actuators' and I tested the Tank Vent valve (as mines the electric type one) and listening to it, it just clicked probably every 5 seconds during the test. I seem to remeber this means its knackerd? As its obviously not doing its job properly!

Is it true that theres a way to unplug them and short a wire out, which in turn makes the car run better and no throw an EML light? If not are they fixable or is it worth just getting a working one?

Cheers, Cardie.
Cardie

User status: Offline
20th Oct 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone?

New Poll