corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Double DIN Headunit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Double DIN Headunit
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Oct 12 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anybody have any recommendations?

SatNav would be nice, but the main priority is iPod connectivity and full onscreen control of the iPod without fumbling around with the device itself.

Looking at the Pioneer AVIC F940BT which comes in at ~£650, but a few on eBay coming in at sub £500.

Ideally I want to be spending 4-500 but I've got no idea what quality of product that will get me.

So, any suggestions?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
MatthewR

24th Oct 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think scoob got a decent one, contact him mate
Mertin

24th Oct 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check car audio direct, they usually have a few decent ones
Me and Jambo were talking about a decent alpine one in a thread a month or so ago, cant remember which one. Didnt have sat nav but it could be added on (cost was alot though for the box)

Heres one I found just now for £400, quite fancy one myself as single DIN doesnt sit right in the golf and not happy with it
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alp-ivew535bt-alpine-ive-w535bt.html

This one seems just as good for less ££
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alp-ivew530bt-alpine-ive-w530bt.html
Munchie

24th Oct 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have this

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/109/281/AVH-2400BT/page.html
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That second one looks pretty nice Mertin, cheaper than the ones I've been looking at too.

What are these like to fit yourself? The last headunit I fitted was into my 1998 Corsa and it I needed to swap wires around in the plug and all sorts!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
dava.

24th Oct 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/299/35829/SPH-DA100/page.html

i have this one, pretty good headunit, sat nav via a free ap, basicly turns headunit into big iphone/pod/android
not sure if they will bring an adapter out for iphone 5 yet
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dava.

i have this one, pretty good headunit, sat nav via a free ap, basicly turns headunit into big iphone/pod/android

Oeh that looks ace, appeals to my inner geek too.

Got them in Halfords apparently, might go fondle one in store.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
dava.

24th Oct 12 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by dava.

Oeh that looks ace, appeals to my inner geek too.

Got them in Halfords apparently, might go fondle one in store.

apps are pretty limited at the mo, sat nav is superb, can get an obd bluetooth adapter and use the screen as display for speed boost and good few things aswell, (app for that is pretty pricey tho) music interface of it simple to use shows album art etc, hands free is parrot so all good
my only downside is no iphone5 cable or announcement yet so as it sits i can only use radio untill i hear further about compatibility

you can "jailbreak" the head unit and play games and any app on it if you wish but that is above and beyond me, and dont really see the need to play angry birds on a screen in my car but if thats your thing then it can be done
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oVYiKnAE6g
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an Android phone so "meh" about the iPhone stuff.

Popped into Halfords tonight on my way to Frankie and Bennies and they said they could order one and fit it for £330 all in.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

24th Oct 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Mertin said, my mate bought it and it's awesome. I want the single din one for mine but it's an extra £200 for the extra convinience. Sound quality is traditional Alpine awesomeness and interface is easy and attractive.

Here's my mates:

Mertin

24th Oct 12 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
As Mertin said, my mate bought it and it's awesome. I want the single din one for mine but it's an extra £200 for the extra convinience. Sound quality is traditional Alpine awesomeness and interface is easy and attractive.

Here's my mates:

Is that the first one I linked Jambo? Can the iphone can be connected and used for playing music through? Want this now after discovering it in the mrs's twingo
AndyCorsaSport

24th Oct 12 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the second one you linked. £320.

Seem bargains for what you get really!
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks ace. From what I can gather though satnav is an extra unit which needs buying.

The pioneer which dava. Linked looks good but maybe a little heavily dependant on the smartphone, it seems bare of features when on its own.

Ideally I want to leave my iPod in the car at all times (don't tell the local thieves that) out of sight in the glovebox or something, connected via USB into the back of the unit. Satnav would be nice for the odd occasion I need it, but of its adding major cost then I can survive with out it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Mertin

26th Oct 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That looks ace. From what I can gather though satnav is an extra unit which needs buying.

The pioneer which dava. Linked looks good but maybe a little heavily dependant on the smartphone, it seems bare of features when on its own.

Ideally I want to leave my iPod in the car at all times (don't tell the local thieves that) out of sight in the glovebox or something, connected via USB into the back of the unit. Satnav would be nice for the odd occasion I need it, but of its adding major cost then I can survive with out it.

Aye thats right about the sat nav and the units pretty costly.Unless you use it everyday id just get a decent tom tom or something

Just found this Pioneer one on halfords website, £599 down to £250. Maybe worth a shout. Need to comapre it to the Alpine one as Im really tempted to get a double DIN and usually prefer alpine

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_878181_langId_-1_categoryId_265857#tab1
Jambo

26th Oct 12 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah add on for Sat Nav is £400 for Alpine
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Oct 12 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
quote:

Aye thats right about the sat nav and the units pretty costly.Unless you use it everyday id just get a decent tom tom or something

Just found this Pioneer one on halfords website, £599 down to £250. Maybe worth a shout. Need to comapre it to the Alpine one as Im really tempted to get a double DIN and usually prefer alpine

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_878181_langId_-1_categoryId_265857#tab1

I was looking at that pioneer, only front USB though

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Oct 12 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
It's the second one you linked. £320.

Seem bargains for what you get really!

I've decided to order this one, I don't use SatNav enough to justify the extra 2-300 it'll cost me for an otherwise like for like headunit.

I just need a car to put it in now

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Simon_16v

29th Oct 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sold the Civic?
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Oct 12 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, went on saturday.

Gutted tbh, but looking forward to next weekend and (hopefully) a new toy

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Double DIN Headunit 24 database queries in 0.0163050 seconds