corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » BBC iPlayer comes to Sky+HD Boxes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BBC iPlayer comes to Sky+HD Boxes
Bart

User status: Offline
30th Oct 12 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/30/iplayer-sky-hd/

This is great news, even though im aware most people will have already have access to it from their xbox, PS3, HTPC etc.
jrsteeve

30th Oct 12 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just need 4oD now and it'll be perfect-ish.
ed

30th Oct 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
already have access to it from their xbox, PS3, HTPC etc.

Surprise surprise, Sky are several years behind the curve but will still market the addition to be the latest and best technology.
Toby
Premium Member

30th Oct 12 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by Bart
already have access to it from their xbox, PS3, HTPC etc.

Surprise surprise, Sky are several years behind the curve but will still market the addition to be the latest and best technology.

Agreed but then doesn't that what all market leaders do i.e. Apple.

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference i think in this day and age, i have it on my phone, my tablet, my laptop, my ps3, my TV. Sky is just an extra one to add to the list and is not a selling point.
Daveskater
Premium Member

30th Oct 12 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our Living room TV has iPlayer built in, but it would probably be easier to use it through the Sky box as the built-in one is a bit rubbish. Not sure the box is connected to the router, though.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
A2H GO

30th Oct 12 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't even know xbox had iPlayer, bit of a hassle firing that up to watch iPlayer, Sky could be more convenient although I usually find the content on all this catch up stuff is crap.

Does it work if you no longer have a sky subscription? ie. Just use the box for the free channels.
Nath

30th Oct 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's part of On Demand anyway isn't it?
Toby
Premium Member

30th Oct 12 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Didn't even know xbox had iPlayer, bit of a hassle firing that up to watch iPlayer, Sky could be more convenient although I usually find the content on all this catch up stuff is crap.

Does it work if you no longer have a sky subscription? ie. Just use the box for the free channels.

i would imagine so as long as you have a TV license you should be able to view it.
John

30th Oct 12 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Not properly, the only way BBC would give the content is if it was presented and controlled by BBC, that's the only reason it'as actually iPlayer and not just all the content with a sky interface.
Nath

30th Oct 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Not properly, the only way BBC would give the content is if it was presented and controlled by BBC, that's the only reason it'as actually iPlayer and not just all the content with a sky interface.

Ah fair one. I bought that little box thing for a tenner and saw it on there. Haven't used it though.

New Poll