corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Appendicitis

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Appendicitis
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Nov 12 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone had it?
Had severe pain that varies (gets really bad then eases off then bad again) in my lower abdomen and radiates to both sides of my lower back for the past 50 hours. No diarrohea or vomiting but not drinking or eating much coz of the pain. Tried to get an appointment with OOHours Dr yesterday and he reckoned it doesn't sound like appendicitis because ive kept food down and no diarrohea and said to take gaviscon and paracetamol but it hasn't touched it tbh. Just wondered if anyone here's had it without D & V? Tried to get a dr's appointment this morning for a second opinion and all appointments gone and try again tomorrow so I've had another day of agony
andy_mk3

5th Nov 12 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go into a&e myself, not worth fucking about with something like that, you'll get seen to a lot quicker there.
BarnshaW

5th Nov 12 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know it sounds odd but trapped wind or heartburn? I get it sometimes and the pain becomes unbearable, starts off in stomach and goes around to my sides and feels like my kidneys. try a few Gaviscon just to see if it helps!
Steve
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently good test is to try and jump up and touch the ceiling if pain is to unbearable to do that it could be a sign. You usually get fevers and shit though
Sam
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kidney stones I reckon. I had similar kind of symptoms and then I went into A&E when I was doubling up in really excruciating pain.

Was sent home with what is essentially Voltarol and told to drink shitloads of water until the stones passed naturally, which they did.
Tom J
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried gaviscon and didn't really improve anything. Surely heartburn or trapped wind couldnt last for this long? Had feeling hot and chills but my temperature is normal. I can barely stand let alone jump to ceiling
Tom J
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done a urine test as my mum had a kit and my protein levels etc were normal and no signs of blood or anything
Steve
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old queen had appendicitis. She wasn't sick or had the shots. The pain is really low down in the abdomen and tender to touch
Neil

5th Nov 12 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Appendicitis starts on the left hand side and moves across to the right hand side. It's a fairly precise area the pain is in and if you push in on the pain it'll go away, then when you let off the pressure the pain will be terrible (this is the test they did in the hospital to check it was appendicitis).. Have you rung NHS Direct? They'd probably be able to walk you through anything that could tell you what it is?

[Edited on 05-11-2012 by Neil]
evilrob
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's probably AIDS.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also they didn't think she had appendicitis either. Infact it wasn't until they ran out of ideas did they suggest appendicitis. Even then they said they couldn't be sure until they opened her up.
jay26

6th Nov 12 at 06:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your describing how I was when i had appendicitis
andy1868

6th Nov 12 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd go back to the hospital. isn't it really dangerous if your appendix ruptures? on the simpsons it explodes like a grenade
Tom J
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been today to doctors as was up half night in pain. Got a small amount of blood in urine so reckons it could be a stone so booked in for a scan

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Appendicitis 23 database queries in 0.0096700 seconds