corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car problem
corsaben58

User status: Offline
14th Nov 12 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a little 1.3 starlet while my corsa's being finished and last night when i got home i turned my car off before turning my lights off however as soon as i turned it off the headlights and clock lights turned off so i turned the key again to find no dash lights come on whatsoever and it wouldnt even crank so i checked that all the battery connections are secure etc and everything was ok.

to me it sound like my alternators gone, i just wanted to see if thats the conclusion everyone else come to?
3CorsaMeal

14th Nov 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can test an alternator and battery with a cheap multimeter, they are worth having, used them at school.

corsaboii89

14th Nov 12 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

starlets have weak battery grounds mate as the dont have a big earth strap like most cars. just get a cheap grounding kit off ebay thats what i did on both the glanza v's ive had
corsaben58

14th Nov 12 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah im not going to keeping the car for much longer so tbh doing anything to it just isnt worth it if people were coming to the conclusion it was battery i would of borrowed one from work for the week to get around then scrap it but if its going to cost me anything ill just scrap it tomoz
Ste
Premium Member

14th Nov 12 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some jump leads and connect one from the battery negative to something bare metal on the engine. see if you get power back. could be a broken battery lead. if that doesn't work, try it from positive to the starter.

You can work out what's wrong from that.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Vauxdan88

15th Nov 12 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get the battery light on when you turn ignition on?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car problem 24 database queries in 0.0308831 seconds