corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Did you vote (police commissioner elections)

Poll: Did you vote (police commissioner elections)
Yes 0 (0%)
No 62 (100%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Did you vote (police commissioner elections)
Shelly
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Nov 12 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they can't be bothered to tell people what exactly a Police Commissioner will do, or who is running for it and what they stand for then I can't be bothered to go vote.

[Edited on 16-11-2012 by Shelly]
Russ

16th Nov 12 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and if they had advertised it more than they already have people would moan that taxpayers money was being wasted.

you got a polling card, research for yourself.
Butler

16th Nov 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People complaining because it wasn't advertised to them enough. The fuck is wrong with you
Butler

16th Nov 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelly
If they can't be bothered to tell people what exactly a Police Commissioner will do, or who is running for it and what they stand for then I can't be bothered to go vote.

What you're essentially saying is that - I will happily conform to prejudices of society and am incapable or forming my own opinions.

If you can't be bothered to find out about the things that effect you or go out of your way to learn about these things then it's probably better you don't vote.
Whittie

16th Nov 12 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
People complaining because it wasn't advertised to them enough. The fuck is wrong with you

Why should we take our time out of our busy lives to educate ourselves on a subject we know nothing about, sounds selfish but its not?

If somebody or 2+ people came to the door and another 3 popped leaflets through the door, i'd certainly have a better understanding and probably be in a position to vote.
AndyKent

16th Nov 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had one leaflet through the door.........today
Dave

16th Nov 12 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
quote:
Originally posted by Shelly

What you're essentially saying is that - I will happily conform to prejudices of society and am incapable or forming my own opinions.

If you can't be bothered to find out about the things that effect you or go out of your way to learn about these things then it's probably better you don't vote.

If you can't be bothered to find out the correct way to use effect and affect or go out of your way to learn about these things then it's probably better you don't type.
ed

16th Nov 12 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I joined the electoral role when some paperwork came through the post...so I could get a loan from the bank.
Dave

16th Nov 12 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might be being a bit naive here but why are the candidates allied to political parties? Would somebody more independant not be a better influence, rather than potentially letting pressure from their party influence decisions?
Jambo

16th Nov 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There where independents and some of them won
mattant

16th Nov 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a collection of spoiled votes here:

http://pccspoil.tumblr.com/

JaffaTB

16th Nov 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt vote, didnt know anything about it, didnt really care

never vote in the other elections either as nothing evere changes no matter who wins anyway
Jambo

16th Nov 12 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'll find it does Jaffa!
Demo

16th Nov 12 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kippers
As the election results started to come in on Friday, it became clear many voters had stayed away from the polls.

-In Gwent, where turnout was 14.3% overall, one polling station in Newport was visited by no voters at all

-In the Manchester Central parliamentary by-election, Lucy Powell held the seat for Labour with a majority of 9,936 votes; the turnout of 18.16% is believed to be the lowest in a UK parliamentary by-election since World War II

-In the Cardiff South and Penarth by-election, Labour's Stephen Doughty held with a majority of 5,334; turnout was 25.65%

-The result in the Corby by-election, which is seen as a crucial mid-term test of David Cameron's premiership, is expected at about 14:30 GMT; if Labour wins, it will be the first time in 15 years the party has taken a Tory seat at a by-election

[Edited on 16-11-2012 by Kippers]

I saw this on the news. They opened the ballot box and turned it upside down and fuck all came out. I was laughing like a fucking hyena
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Nov 12 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a completely shit waste of time and money. When someone who voted for it comes out and says it was a silly idea, you know you're on to a loser right there.
AlunJ

16th Nov 12 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kippers
As the election results started to come in on Friday, it became clear many voters had stayed away from the polls.

-In Gwent, where turnout was 14.3% overall, one polling station in Newport was visited by no voters at all

-In the Manchester Central parliamentary by-election, Lucy Powell held the seat for Labour with a majority of 9,936 votes; the turnout of 18.16% is believed to be the lowest in a UK parliamentary by-election since World War II

-In the Cardiff South and Penarth by-election, Labour's Stephen Doughty held with a majority of 5,334; turnout was 25.65%

-The result in the Corby by-election, which is seen as a crucial mid-term test of David Cameron's premiership, is expected at about 14:30 GMT; if Labour wins, it will be the first time in 15 years the party has taken a Tory sea

[Edited on 16-11-2012 by Kippers]

Lol my lovely home town there showing we don't give a fuck what a farce
Toby
Premium Member

18th Nov 12 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No because I was in work from 6am to 2am sorting out all the planning for collection and delveries of all ballot boxes and polling screens for Lincolnshire.

don't know who I would have voted for either locally.
mattant

18th Nov 12 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It cost £14 per vote apparently

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Did you vote (police commissioner elections) 25 database queries in 0.0115540 seconds