corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bad luck or a sign ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bad luck or a sign ?
edd1.0

User status: Offline
16th Nov 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello

ive had my corsa now for 6years 1999 1.0 brought it with 59k on the clock and always looked after it , never had a major problem or a break down until 11 weeks ago since then i have broke down 3 times , first drive shaft broke , then alternator , then last night clutch cable snapped . All problems are fairly simple and ive sorted them myself. Its currently on 107,000 miles but its made me loose all faith in the car

has anyone else had a bad patch of problems? , or should i just keep expecting more problems now its at this mileage haha

i don't travel long distances in it but i work nights so if i was to have a bad breakdown then it would be hassle getting home. I canceled my AA membership as they took 6.5hours to get a truck to recover me :/

should i give up hope with this car
sc0ott

16th Nov 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad luck normally comes in 3 as they say.

I had the same when i had a litre corsa.
- ran out of petrol, had to pay £175 to get my car back the next day.
- car got broken into and cd player stolen.
- got rear ended.
Generation

16th Nov 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought*

No such thing as a "sign" in terms
You're referring to

[Edited on 16-11-2012 by Generation]
edd1.0

16th Nov 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didn't mean it in that sort of term , i was just wondering other peoples experiences with car problems as such. my cars getting to that stage where is needs a bit of work doing needs 4 tyres steering rack , tracking , mot and tax all soon , so i don't want to put money into it , if its going to give up the ghost soon
All Torque

16th Nov 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a bit of bad luck in my Xsara VTR:

*I hit a curb on a 'New road layout' piece of road and got a puncture.
*While my car was parked overnight with the spare on the next morning I found it with the mirrors kicked off and the wipers snapped.
*Then a few months later I was rear ended.

The funny part is I changed the flat tire outside where my GF lives, although I didn't even know her at the time
AndyKent

16th Nov 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Running out of fuel and driving into the side of a road is not bad luck
sc0ott

16th Nov 12 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you are 35 miles away from home and your car gets taken away on a recovery truck without a choice, then having to pay to get it back the next day is bad luck

The running out of petrol was just misjudgement.
All Torque

16th Nov 12 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also once completely drained my battery while waiting with a mate whose car had run out of petrol
Y869 SRA

16th Nov 12 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Corsa 12v was very realible.
Never broke down once when I had it, the only thing I ever had to replace was the backbox after it blew and the oil sensor after a leak and the battery.
I started driving it when it was 9 years old on around 50k and sold it 3.5 years later when it was on around 65k.

My 206 GTI 138 however was nothing but problems for the first 5 months of this year.
Had to fix two water leaks, then the heater matrix went and poured water all over the passenger side floor, then broke down coz one of the fuel pipes fell off, there was a couple of other things that went wrong, can't think of them right now though.

[Edited on 16-11-2012 by V931_FEF]
Liam-Wilko

17th Nov 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont give up mate could be a signe to improve on e.g maybe a engine swap on the cards i never had a problem with my old 1400 sport then out the blue needed a new clutch a few days after wheel bearing went then timing belt snaped

fixed other and done engine change all was good never had a problem like that after
BeetleGav

17th Nov 12 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My camshaft snapped on a 24 ish k this year. Bad luck can happen at anytime in any condition.

All cars are temprimental
Bonney

18th Nov 12 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if these are the first things to go wrong in 6 years I'd be looking at it one of 2 ways.
1, its been a bloody good reliable car and 2, if nothing else has been replaced then there maybe more to follow!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bad luck or a sign ? 23 database queries in 0.0103078 seconds