corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE Running problems.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE Running problems.
Rob_B

User status: Offline
17th Nov 12 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys

I put a c20xe in my sport and it starts fine, idles fine.....but once you rev it, it has a 'rev limiter' at around 2.5k rpm. Ive tried to do the paper clip test but the light has to stay on for 30 seconds iirc to be stored in the ecu as a fault code, and it just comes on and goes off a couple seconds after you stop revving it. Has anyone came across this before? I would greatly appreciate any help

Here's a vid of what im on about:

Cheers, Robbie.

[Edited on 17-11-2012 by Rob_B]
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Nov 12 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your best bet is rev it so the code is stored. I take it all the earths are good, and the loom was all good before you fitted it into your car? Did you see it running before you bought it?
Rob_B

17th Nov 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried doing that but it doesnt work, my friend said it was running really good and lots of people had seen it running. The loom is pretty rough though tbh, i was planning on getting annother one over winter anyways so I think ill just do that and see how that goes.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

17th Nov 12 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it just stop dead on 2.5 or does it just sound like it doesnt want to go any harder?
Dan
Premium Member

18th Nov 12 at 07:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sounds like shit to me. :/

Firing order correct on spark plugs? Is it dispack?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
davegreen
Premium Member

18th Nov 12 at 07:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a simular fault, ended up being the crankshaft sensor. also had it on a ford before i saw the light that was the ht leads breaking down.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

18th Nov 12 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
That sounds like shit to me. :/

Firing order correct on spark plugs? Is it dispack?

If it was a dizzy it'd barely idle and sound really shit with the wrong firing order.

Can you hold the revs up long enough for 30seconds? It would probably come up with a better answer than all of us guessing over a video

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

New Poll