corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New windscreen....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New windscreen....
corsav6_mut

User status: Offline
30th Nov 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They say Autowindscreens not RAC i know this cos i worked for them until they sold us and we went bust. BMWs only need resetting if they unplug the sensor from the loom should only be taken off the window and left hanging.

Also it wont effect your no claims as its not an accident claim.
Ben G

30th Nov 12 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
It said rac auto windscreens on the van.

no one seems to read anything these days
Toby
Premium Member

30th Nov 12 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
I'm with admiral also. Getting mine fitted this weekend. 75 quid isn't too bad.

Rac auto windscreens are fitting I and asked me on the phone whether it had the rain sensor and sunstrip, so they definitely replace like for like.

be ready to visit BMW to have the sensors re-calibrated - oh also BMW to charge you for the luxury of need ing it done

Thanks for the heads up, but the rain sensor doesn't seem to work anyway either that or I don't understand how it works.

The rain sensors do not switch the wipers on, you have to put it on auto for them to work under rain by pushing in the tab on the right hand stalk. If your doing that then its fubar'd
Ben G

1st Dec 12 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't have a tab

just went a took a picture:

[img][/img]
RichR
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll only be a matter of time before they do start charging you more if you have had a windscreen claim though. It never used to be an option in the claims history form but it is now (confused, direct line etc. etc. all have an option for windscreen claim when they ask if you've had a claim in the last 3/5 years). They might not charge yet by I can see it only being a matter of time before they do-any way of recouping the profit margins
corsav6_mut

1st Dec 12 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From 2001 to 2008 it was owned by RAC plc, as RAC Auto Windscreens.

After cash flow problems, in February 2011 it entered administration and then closed, leading to the loss of over 1,000 jobs. The rights to use Auto Windscreens as a brand name and trading style were bought by the present company Trifords Ltd, which sought to continue the business by hiring 250 employees from March 2011.

I do read clearly you didn't because they aren't RAC anymore as said I worked there when we were sold and dropped the RAC. Google it might make interesting reading
Ben G

1st Dec 12 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only said that it said rac auto windscreens on the van that turned up outside my house.

you're the one trying to give it the billy big bollocks with all the crap no one cares about

i just find it funny you're arguing a point over something that was printed on the side of a company van.
Ben G

1st Dec 12 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and just to confirm, the windscreen fitter has just turned up in a van (big one, not the one to fix chips) and it doesn't have any RAC signs on it.
corsav6_mut

1st Dec 12 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
oh and just to confirm, the windscreen fitter has just turned up in a van (big one, not the one to fix chips) and it doesn't have any RAC signs on it.

Thanks for confirming my point
Ben G

1st Dec 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries
kennySRi

1st Dec 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben, if the wipers are the same as an E46 i think you have to turn it to the first option and click it up onto the intermittent and that should work as a rain sensor. I always have mine on that and it works, although i need to turn it off and click it back on every time i turn my engine on.

[Edited on 01-12-2012 by kennySRi]
Ben G

1st Dec 12 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think that's exactly how mine work also. i must be retarded though as i can't seem to work them properly

shall try it next time i'm out in the rain, cheers.
kennySRi

1st Dec 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that's how i have it anyway, i'll check it when im out. My old E46 stopped working once and i couldnt get it working, think the relay had blown but never checked it out, so maybe yours will be the same.
M2RTY

1st Dec 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i think that's exactly how mine work also. i must be retarded though as i can't seem to work them properly

shall try it next time i'm out in the rain, cheers.

if you have auto lights you will have auto wipers

both my beemers have it and i never use it, starting lights before engione on the 3 series puts extra load on the battery and having HIDs off/on/off/on quickly isnt good for them

1 series put sidelights on until engine is running then turns on dipped beam, much better
Toby
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's weird Ben. Mine has a tab on the end of the stalk to switch it on. Will upload a pic tomorrow.
M2RTY

1st Dec 12 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
That's weird Ben. Mine has a tab on the end of the stalk to switch it on. Will upload a pic tomorrow.

I have bothe types,

e46 you just push stalk up 1 click, there is no timer set option, only auto or full or fastest

e90, e88 etc has push button on end and green led when on

M2RTY

1st Dec 12 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

e46 same as z4 btw

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New windscreen.... 23 database queries in 0.0139670 seconds