corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Webbers or r1

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Webbers or r1
c20xeGJD

User status: Offline
30th Nov 12 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As thread says what's everyone opioions on webbers or R1 carbs for a C20XE the time has came to start thinking about what am going to buy.
LeeM

30th Nov 12 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arent webbers cheaper, but r1's cheaper?
Pridzz

30th Nov 12 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM

That makes no sense, Sure there's a topic on here - Use the search button..

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=645655&highlight=1&pid=8585028#pid8585028

[Edited on 30-11-2012 by Pridzz]
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Nov 12 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Throttle bodies are best. Carbs are old tech and a bastard to get right.
iby

30th Nov 12 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carbs IMO.
Eck
Premium Member

30th Nov 12 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Throttle bodies are best. Carbs are old tech and a bastard to get right.

And the cost of a tb set up reflects this.

I'd just get R1 carbs, early cav dizzy, bogg bros manifold, fpr etc and enjoy it whilst it's in tune
c20xeGJD

30th Nov 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM

What's that ment to mean?

I was going to be using Boggs brothers for the r1 set up hole kit fitted and rolling road for £750 so I presume that would be set up 100% and a boy not to far from me is brilliant at setting up webbers just don't know which is best to go I know thottel body's is the best buy but big ££££ and have a kid on the way so can't be going to wild or I would be going for throttle body's
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Nov 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be better off, keeping the standard injection, getting it chipped and some mild cams. You'll be able to plug it into tech 2, or do a paper clip test, when it isn't running right, it will still be good on fuel, starting it from cold will be easy. The power figures I've seen on a standardish engine with carbs, and a chip are pretty much the same. But with injection you can get it done, and forget about it.
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Nov 12 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iby
Carbs IMO.

Both are carbs.
c20xeGJD

30th Nov 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
You'll be better off, keeping the standard injection, getting it chipped and some mild cams. You'll be able to plug it into tech 2, or do a paper clip test, when it isn't running right, it will still be good on fuel, starting it from cold will be easy. The power figures I've seen on a standardish engine with carbs, and a chip are pretty much the same. But with injection you can get it done, and forget about it.

A have herd this is also very good to do aswell seen it mysel with a mate that had a 205 mi16 with 45s and went against one that was chipped and was nothing in it performance ways! Engine is coming out over the next month to be re built have you any idea the price range of getting it chipped would be have you any ideas on best cams to go for few of my mates has had nothing but problems with ones they have fitted to there xe
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Nov 12 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't want anything too wild cam wise, but all they do is push the power band up the rev range, and give you a few more HP. If you can go for something like a Dastek Unichip, which is a Piggy back ecu, and can be set up to your engine.

My old van had R1 carbs, and was about the same as Dale's old Ronnie, and my mate's XE Nova makes about 175 hp on twin 45's. They are cool because the sound great, but it's a bit backwards imo after doing it myself. When the engine came from the factory with injection. If I was ever gonna use a XE again, it would have to be throttle bodies again, I loved mine so much.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Webbers or r1 23 database queries in 0.0120220 seconds