corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any Suede fans on here?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any Suede fans on here?
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   10th Dec 12 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Booked my tickets for their Alexandra Palace gig in March last Friday, can't wait, haven't seen them since they last played in 2003 in Brixton. Saw Don Joly at that gig

Anyone else going?
Robbo

10th Dec 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good - great band.

Piec eof advcie, DO NOT TAKE YOUR PHONE TO ALLY PALLY

When I was there the other week, over 250 people (inc my best mate and i) had our iPhones taken from our pockets, it happens a lot ther eapparently as the organisers let people take rucksacks in
Robin
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a good shout Robbo
Marc

10th Dec 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got Animal Nitrate in my head now.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like my suede roof lining and dash

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Dom

10th Dec 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Piec eof advcie, DO NOT TAKE YOUR PHONE TO ALLY PALLY

Been plenty of times before and it's the first time i've heard of problems. It's just a case of use your noggin and you'll be fine.

Problem with Ally Pally though is that it's dire for sound. The natural reverb of the hall is pretty much uncontrollable and i've yet been to a gig where they've managed to handle it properly.

Also if they run tokens (you go to one side of the food/drink hall to purchase tokens then the other to grab drinks) on the bars then that can seriously fuck your night - in the past i've queued for 40mins for a few pints. Although the last couple of gigs i've been to there, they haven't ran the cacky system and just had cash-going bars which have been fine.

And getting back can be a royal PITA if you haven't booked a taxi back. I've always found it easier/quicker, rather that peeing around queuing outside for a bus, to either walk down the hill back to the station or grab a bus from one of the stops down the hill.
Ideally book a taxi.

Suede will be a good gig though
evilrob
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I last saw Suede when they headlined day one of the Reading Festival in 1997.

Thanks for making me take a moment to reflect on how old I am.

[Edited on 10-12-2012 by evilrob]
Robin
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, we're staying in a hotel that night so need to get back to central London after the gig, I imagine we will have issues with the tube being closed.
Robin
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah actually, the last train goes back into the city at about midnight from Wood Green, so should be ok.
Robin
Premium Member

19th Mar 13 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother has a spare ticket if anyone knows someone after one, he'll only want face value.
Robbo

19th Mar 13 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new album is
mattk

19th Mar 13 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Got Animal Nitrate in my head now.

I would gladly have the intro and riff of that tune, piped directly to my brain

3 of the 8 lads I went watching the courteeners with last week got their phones pinched. common place at gigs now. cunts
Nic Barnes

19th Mar 13 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
new album is
was thinking of checking it out although im always a bit sceptical that 90s bands that were good in the 90s wont be as good now
Jambo

19th Mar 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heard one song off new album and was blown away. Really matured well.

I've been to ally pally, didn't get my phone stolen. Although I'd imagine I'd notice someone feeling my cock
Robbo

20th Mar 13 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not in a moshpit 5 people from the front

i have quite tight jeans and check my pocket every 30s (hence why i knew it was gone in 30s) and didnt feel a thing
mattk

20th Mar 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must have knew you had a white iphone. we were down the front when my mates got done, one knew it was happening, got an arm round the shoulders and a hand in his pocket quick as a flash. would have been a wasted effort on me, I had my nokia 3410 that night

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any Suede fans on here? 24 database queries in 0.0133569 seconds