corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My first trackday yesterday

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My first trackday yesterday
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Dec 12 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
only thing putting me off booking in advance round that date. Will just go and pay on day if it's alright

Thats what i do every track day, sure ill more than likely pay more but id rather not book and find out its raining or something..
FlamingCorsa

12th Dec 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
Oulton jan and feb have a load of cheap 89-99 quid days possy!

Probably because they will be covered in snow.

Bad weather is fun tho cos it slows the really high powered cars down. I remember going to oulton when it was seriously wet, aquplaning everywhere, had water coming in through bulkhead of van and sloshing round the footwell, surprisingly the track was pretty quiet but still good fun, especially on worn r888s, haha
Graham88

12th Dec 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I left brown stains on the seat at a damp Snetterton last month R888's don't work well in the wet!
flybikeslee

13th Dec 12 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates s2000 with 888's was a bit slidey in the damp but just added to the fun i think!
FlamingCorsa

13th Dec 12 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R888 should be fine in damp and wet conditions, so long as its not standing water they are good. Once I was disappointed in r888 at oulton when it was wet, greesy and I just could not get grip, think that was also down to tyres have had to many heat cycles in them and being pretty tired from that.

I rember being at brands hatch Indy in my clio, there was another clio 200 there, it had rained hard in the morning and was drying out, still a damp track and the clio 200 put slicks on and was a quick as me on my yoko a048, so long as he got some heat in tyres they were gripping reall well.
daine
Premium Member

15th Dec 12 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to Cadwell park last month, was drizzling on sighting laps. I run TR5 Dunlop moulded slicks, took a good 3,4 laps to get heat in them! then your off, same as if its dry.
Just done Donington last Saturday! very slippy up till 11.00am then track dried lovely

Been to Oulton in February, 6th last year, was a cracking day (sun out) but druids was very slippy under the trees
Possy, get it done mate, you'll love it.
fattaff

15th Dec 12 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leon.
date booked?
me and my mates are going to the nurburgring next oct and we booked last month and the hotel we used before was already booked up !!!!! 11 months up front?? 'kin hell
we managed to book into its sister hotel-just saying dont leave hotel booking too late or ya might be sleeping in tent or car

[Edited on 15-12-2012 by fattaff]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My first trackday yesterday 23 database queries in 0.0094481 seconds