corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Anyone had problems with neighbours over Virgin Media *update*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone had problems with neighbours over Virgin Media *update*
Jay

User status: Offline
5th Jan 13 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im currently with virgin, just moved house and the previous people had Virgin so all the cables were in place but the neighbour has cut it where the properties meet and removed the cable from under his garden. When they knocked he said "I cancelled my virgin 6 months ago, why should you still use my land? Dont come on my property" Theres no other way of fitting it, and I keep getting told that they'll be in touch when they know whats happening its been a week now, but I've still got 6 months remaining at my old address dont wanna end up with a cancellation fee when its not my fault. Virgin wont give me an answer and I just want to know where I stand cause il order sky! Anyone been in this situation before?

Ps. The other neighbours not my mate either cause I parked on his drive without realising

[Edited on 08-01-2013 by Jay]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Jan 13 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you not get the cable routed in a different place?

your neighbour sounds like a knob!
LeeM

5th Jan 13 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

move house. NOW
Jay

5th Jan 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's like a cul de sac with 3 driveways and the only way in is across his property, and they can't run the cable any other way theyre saying
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Jan 13 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, tell him he's a dick from me
andy_mk3

5th Jan 13 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cut off his water mains saying you don't want it going over your properly.
Dom

5th Jan 13 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do all your services cross their property/land? Might be a small chance that VM can make use of trunking/routing already in place.

But i'm surprised VM haven't said anything as they have technically committed criminal damage by removing VM's property (cabling, trunking, breakout box etc).

Either way, check your property deeds to firstly see who owns what and to also check to see if there are any covenants or easements in place that allow for services to be routed across their land/boundary.

Although what do your other neighbours do? Have they got VM in place?
Jay

5th Jan 13 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other two neighbours have sky dishes, and he has a sky dish too, the fella who came out said they'll probably offer him free virgin as he's blocking 3 potential customers, I said so if i refused next door then I get mine free but in all seriousness it's pissing me off now, don't get what his problem is!
Jay

5th Jan 13 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's even more annoying that cause he's such a cunt he's gonna get offered it free and I still have to pay :/
Y869 SRA

5th Jan 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
Cut off his water mains saying you don't want it going over your properly.

Dom

5th Jan 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As mentioned, check your deeds as there might be covenants or easements in place that means they'll need to provide access to services.
Dan
Premium Member

5th Jan 13 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Defo check deeds, in my old place, it had a shared drive area, and on the deeds it had a thin line crossing other peoples places, and notes stating it was for things like water/gas/phone etc etc

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Gary
Premium Member

5th Jan 13 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have rights to have cables running though make sure you take the day off work so you can sit there been a smug cunt when they're pulling his flowerbeds up
LIAM HADDOW

6th Jan 13 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
Ah right, tell him he's a dick from me

[Edited on 06-01-2013 by LIAM HADDOW]
Jay

6th Jan 13 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I've looked through this site

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/online-services

And it says it doesn't show pipelines, I assume that's what I need? Anyone point me in the direction of what I need? I'm trying to do it on my phone, seems I've got no Internet... Going up to my mums later to use the laptop so il have a proper look but if anyone's got any idea then that would be a great help
Gaz

6th Jan 13 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
move house. NOW

this.
Dan
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would usually get drawing etc when you move, I know both times we moved we have had copies of the drawings.

Worst case, ring local council for advice

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Jay

8th Jan 13 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Virgin want nothing to do with the situation, they just want to cancel my account so sky are coming out on Sunday to fit TV, then in 3 weeks for the Internet, access for phone line is apparently at the rear of the house so don't think I should come up against to many problems, fingers crossed! Or I'm gonna have a kick off with him next door, I've let Virgin slide as I wasn't too keen on an 18m contract anyway sky is only 12 and 6 months free t'interwebs.

New Poll