corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » These were the good old days

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author These were the good old days
BenC1985

User status: Offline
   14th Jan 13 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above. I really miss my old corsa LET and my bros old nova LET. Both were very young at the time and we both took loans out to buy them which looking back was a bad idea. I had 9 points aswell so decided to sell after a year to save my licence. Haha sorry the link is from Migweb but thats where i posted this old thread with the only pics of both cars together not annoying alot faster cars. Haha
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/car-talk/326191-some-pics-you-have-look.html

[Edited on 14-01-2013 by BenC1985]
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, I vaguely remember seeing The green one about in the past never seen the nova but looks ace.
Do you know Steve Roberts, Dan Ward & Did you go to any of the SL meets a few year ago?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Y869 SRA

14th Jan 13 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember them both from the Kempston/Bedford cruise.
Always loved the Nova, looked so clean and a great colour.
BenC1985

14th Jan 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont get me started on steve. Hes a dick.
Bprice91

14th Jan 13 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice
Robin
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you used to have an Astra?
BenC1985

14th Jan 13 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve completly ruined my project thread on migweb starting a stupid arguement through hear say. I said when i bought that corsa and he had finished his red one it would be a close race up pod. But then i blew my turbo and had a recon one put on it and my car wasent set up and i lost some power and drivability. Hes just big headed and it even ended up with him starting on me at pod over it. Haha oh well crap happens.
Whittie

14th Jan 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That green let has had some stages and owners!
BenC1985

14th Jan 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Did you used to have an Astra?

What this one??? Sorry about pic quality

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/car-talk/269131-some-new-pics-my-car.html
Robin
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought so, remember you from years back at the Wednesday night Riverside meets I think.

[Edited on 14-01-2013 by Robin]
Danny W
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha sounds like Steve lol to be honest I never really got on with him that well either, always came across big headed

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
BenC1985

14th Jan 13 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big headed doesent even start to describe him mate. I used to meet with cruisenorthants lot and SL were like rivals. Lol they all seemed big headed and no one elses cars were half as good as theres.lol Robin i used to go to al the riverside meets back in the day. Was a right laugh. Cruises are just not the same these days.
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985
Big headed doesent even start to describe him mate. I used to meet with cruisenorthants lot and SL were like rivals. Lol they all seemed big headed and no one elses cars were half as good as theres.lol Robin i used to go to al the riverside meets back in the day. Was a right laugh. Cruises are just not the same these days.

The cruise seen has died off alot now from what I remember of it we have a few here and there some charity ones but nothing like it use to be
BenC1985

14th Jan 13 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^shame really aint it.lol i used to love it but i got older fuel and insurance went up and so did the coppers heads up their arses. Haha
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean mate and then you got chavs trying to mod cars failing badly turning up and being twats thinking they were clever that ruined it
Danny W
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985

haha too true that. Yeah i went to a few with cruise northants years ago, remember Dan with 'pinky' the pink corsa and a few others. Then i went with SL to show my car with them at mod nats etc. all pretty stuck up people tbh but as i knew loads of people from rushden/raunds it wasnt too bad.
like you say no one elses car was as good as those in SL soo many childish people with pretty narrow minded views aha Liam (Elmo) went and spent thousands having his gold civic sorted by Xsquisite, he rolls with the big boys now and if you aren't in the clique they wont speak to you

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate people like that what is the need for people to act bigger and better than anyone els.
BenC1985

14th Jan 13 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything you just said Danny was sooo true. Thsts why i stayed with "pinky corsa dan" and comedy dan with his kitted astra. Such a laugh back in the day. But as i say im abit more grown up now and the prices of everything are half the reason i now drive a relatively standard 1.4 corsa.lol
BenC1985

14th Jan 13 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other problem was they all came from "well off " familys with abit of spare money. I was on a bare minimum wage that all went on my car. They got a car and it was finished in a month. Mine took years of blood sweat and tears but they were all stuck up each others arses and laughed at everyone elses efforts. Shame really
Danny W
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah remember Dan with the kitted astra too, deffo had some laughs back in the day.

Yeah dont blame you to be honest, been messing about with my corsa since 05 lol! took ages to build the LET up and get it running. Dread to think how much money ive chucked at it

agree with that lol think thats half the trouble with the modified scene nowadays, everyone see's it as a competition and always puts everyone elses work down

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing with well off people I tend to see is they cant drive worth shit and tend to wright cars off for funn and always wonder why no one likes what they do in the end when there money runs out they will know about it.

It may take years to get acar the way you want it but you like it and look after it more look at the likes of bigron his corsa is amazing and come a long way same as kev and crage and alot of people on here.

Danny i must say i like your more door like its proper smart.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » These were the good old days 24 database queries in 0.0143511 seconds