corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » new car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new car
nick_sri

User status: Offline
21st Jan 13 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saxo vtr , came up cheap (£275) so couldn't really say no after saying id never have one

few problems , no power steering , offside wheel arch trim missing , engine managment light on and needs new pads . all the bits came with the sale just the previous owner didnt have time to fix

[Edited on 21-01-2013 by nick_sri]
Y869 SRA

21st Jan 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just what I've been looking for but never find one local
Ben G

21st Jan 13 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheap enough for something fun

a mate in work said his vts was one of the most fun car's he's ever owned. he did say it was rather small inside though.
CORSA NUT

21st Jan 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loved my VTR
Corsa_Sport21

21st Jan 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hated my old Vtr, got to be 1 of the worst cars ive owned. Factory standard but was just a general all round shit car.
taylorboosh

21st Jan 13 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was awesome
BenC1985

21st Jan 13 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather drive a coffin on wheels. Probably safer to have a crash in.lol my mate crashed his vtr into the back of my mates corsa b at 25mph. And guess what? It wrote it off. My mates corsa only had a bent bootlid and the bootfloor very slightly. Saxo needed bonnet,slam panel, both headlamps,radiator,both front wings and all painted. Thats why id never buy or even drive one. Sorry to be negative.

[Edited on 21-01-2013 by BenC1985]
nick_sri

21st Jan 13 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985
Id rather drive a coffin on wheels. Probably safer to have a crash in.lol my mate crashed his vtr into the back of my mates corsa b at 25mph. And guess what? It wrote it off. My mates corsa only had a bent bootlid and the bootfloor very slightly. Saxo needed bonnet,slam panel, both headlamps,radiator,both front wings and all painted. Thats why id never buy or even drive one. Sorry to be negative.

its got seatbelts and an airbag , thatll do me
Jamie-C

21st Jan 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hated mine too, was up for sale the day after I bought it , for £275 though can't grumble at that.
Y869 SRA

21st Jan 13 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985

Could say the same about my 206. Crashed into the back of my mates Fiesta doing less than 10mph.
Fiesta got a cracked back bumper. The 206, wing caved in, smashed the headlight and headlight protector, dented the bonnet and scratched up the front bumper. No doubt, the 206 would've been written off.
Corsa_Sport21

21st Jan 13 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines lasted a week then i hated it. It had short mot so had to stick a ticket on it. Needed a rear axle, which was a cunt to do as the only good axle i found was from a 1.1 with rear drums. Needed to strip it down to a bare bit of metal and put all the Vtr stuff on it.

I was that desperate to get rid of it, i delivered it to the buyer's house about 50 miles away lol.
nick_sri

21st Jan 13 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vtr comes with drums or disks on the rear?

was told it had the axle replaced recently and has disks

only had it for a few days but so far im impressed
Jamie-C

21st Jan 13 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.1 is only 3 stud though, axles aren't the easiest to rebuild if it needs one, best way to check is to jack it up and check for play in any direction, I'm dreading doing mine in the 306
nick_sri

21st Jan 13 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i replaced my old 306 one and it wasnt that bad , hardest bit was finding one that was in good condition.
Corsa_Sport21

21st Jan 13 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vtr has discs as standard.

The facelift 1.1s were 4 stud. Wouldn't have mattered anyway as i had to strip it right down, even had to use the Vtr stub axles as they are longer.

Ive also done a 306 axle, they aren't too bad tbh, only about 4 bolts hold them on, then a case of removing the brake lines and handbrake cable's. I managed mine myself in a couple of hours.

Has yours been lowered at the front nick??
Jamie-C

21st Jan 13 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changing the axle isn't to bad, putting new bearings is a cunt though , most axles are shagged now so better off rebuilding them if you can.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » new car 23 database queries in 0.0098560 seconds