corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » W reg Saxo VTS (good project for someone)

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author W reg Saxo VTS (good project for someone)
corsa_rob

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 13 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - Citreon
Model - VTS
Engine - 1600 16v
Mileage - 83k
Price - £450 ono

Location - Hereford, Herefordshire
Contact phone number - pretty pointless me putting this on as I work in retail and never near my phone
Contact email address - acidsmile69@hotmail.com

Here i have my Saxo VTS for sale, in need of some tlc hence price. Selling as ive found myself stuck in a very low paid job and cant afford to run a car that wont do over 50mpg or cost £20 a year in tax

Car is standard apart from a raceland induction kit, which was purchased to replace the broken oem airbox on the car which citreon wanted £210 to replace it. Car breaths far better with the induction kit and has a subtle intake sound on revs.

Car is pre 2001 so tax is based on engine size, not emissions so slips into lower tax bracket than post 2001, which is handy also has a more simply exhaust layout making it easier to decat if wanted and cheaper exhaust than later models. Pretty low mileage for it's age at 83k and has been cared for with regular servicing by myself. It has Mot till 27th April and tax untill end of April. I wanted to restore the car to great shape but really cant afford to at the moment.

Things that need fixing:
-Exhaust is blowing with cheap cat, should just need cat section replacing
-Previous owner did a crap spray job on bonnet repair which blistered due to no primer , the bonnet has seen better days, but has been primed and is pretty ready for respray
-Car struggles to find 4th and Reverse, and wont engage 5th gear... this could be due to gear linkages need replacing or could need a new gearbox (£80 2nd hand)
-Intermitant misfire on idle, im almost 100% certain this is plugs need changing, however the last time the plugs were changed the garage must of air gunned the coil pack on, resulting in me knackering one of the bolt heads and cannot get pack off to change plugs.
-car has amp setup and 6x9s cut into the parcel shelf, which are not working...and the headunit wont play cd's..I however have 3 headunits in shed which i will throw into the sale, sure that someone with the time to play around will be able to sort it one out but will require new 6x9s.
-Airbag light comes on from time to time (when passenger seat is popped forward), this is just a loose connection that needs attending to (common fault)
Other than these few problems car is in good condition, especially for its age 1 or 2 scratches on front bumper. Last mot saw me spend £390 on it including new disc's and pads all round, which are fast road mintex and good disc's, 2 new round springs, new cv joint, 1 side of handbrake cable replaced (have other side ready but other side was and is still fine). Alloys are in good shape, other than stone chip here and there, wrapped in 2x toyo proxes and 2x other brand which pretty much match the toyo (can check when weather better)...all have plenty of tread left on them. I have a binder full of receipts and old mot's from myself and previous owner. Off the top of my head ive also replaced all wiper blades, alternator, battery, bottom pulley (replaced for solid item to stop failure with original oem part), alternator belt (also have a spare), tensionor pulley, both wings mirrors, clutch (complete kit, think it has about 10k on it now), reg plate bulbs and casings and sure much more ive forgotten.

If someone fancys doing abit of work to bring it back to good standard would be a good little project, or could even be a cheap track car project. Been a brillant car to own over the years and i'll be sad to see it go but it will no doubt sit on the drive, as i cant afford to fix it Would rather it be someone's pride and joy again.

Pic's will follow soon when the car's not covered in snow, for now here's some from few months back:

Please email me for any futher details or questions you may have:

acidsmile69@hotmail.com

Thanks Rob

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » W reg Saxo VTS (good project for someone) 25 database queries in 0.0076020 seconds