corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Replacing Rear Axle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacing Rear Axle
Smrf_

User status: Offline
4th Feb 13 at 02:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone replaced a rear axle on a B, or know if its a relatively easy job or not. im weighing up my options, do i replace my current bent one or just suck it up and deal with it?
nad123
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Feb 13 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 bolts on bottom of shocks, 2 brake lines to undo,2 bolts holding beam on, and then drums have to come of to disconnect handbrake cables and then refit
Smrf_

4th Feb 13 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not too bad then, thanks.
Went and had a look at some at a scrap yard just, best one i could find but the guy said £100, thought that was a bit much?

also will a 5 door axle fit a 3 door?

[Edited on 04-02-2013 by Smrf_]
andy_mk3

4th Feb 13 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100? Fuck that. They're worth £50 tops, and even less if it's got drum brakes IMO.
Aidan-Fleming

5th Feb 13 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No chance would I pay 100! Your one bad?
Smrf_

5th Feb 13 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah im not paying £100 no chance, theres ones on ebay going for £40, but there like 5 hours away from me
i might go back and try to barter, and tell him he is insane if he thinks hes getting £100 for it
and yeah its quite bad, that one back wheel wants to go in a different direction to the rest of the car

johnhara1

5th Feb 13 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My local scrap yard sold me a mint one, with complete rear brake setup, hubs and bearings attached for £30 and they removed it aswell!

Pringles, Newburn, Newcastle upon Tyne if anyone local reads this.
tobyc20xe

5th Feb 13 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame you don't live closer bud I'd get you a full one for £20. I know the lad who own's the,scrap yard,down the road from me.

New Poll