corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » The dreaded blue loom plug. 14/16xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The dreaded blue loom plug. 14/16xe
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Feb 13 at 04:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how have you lads gone about routing the blue plug above the lower inlet? Would ideally like to hide it underneath or somewhere out of sight. Is it a fuel rail off job then feed it through the gap in the inlet?

What other wires/pipes have you routed/hidden and where?

Cheers all

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
daine
Premium Member

17th Feb 13 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, under the inlet, but I didn't take the the fuel rail off Paul, unplugged the injectors
and past them back up through the middle of the four inlet tubes

hope this helps mate
Paul W
Premium Member

17th Feb 13 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks pretty damn tidy. I can't seem to work out how to physically get it down through the lower inlet. I'm probably being thick as shit trying to take as little stuff off as possible

shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Feb 13 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These pics any help at all Paul?

Paul W
Premium Member

18th Feb 13 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted it. Was being thick as shit, missed a plug

Car runs now. Seems to be missing under load though at around 3k to 5k, feels hesitant/jumpy. Also flashing up code 1405 which is EGR, even though i've got it plugged in still but cable tied up out the way. Bloody cars.

BenC1985

18th Feb 13 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its always the way with cars. Runs fine, change something then it has a hissy fit.lol Half the reason i dont bother .lol
Jed D

18th Feb 13 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant remember how i did mine, sure that was the bit i got help off someone with. hate wiring

daine
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, can't understand why people (lad's on this site) blank the EGR valve off, then tie it up out
the way.
Leave it on and plugged in!. Go to the original throttle place on the inlet manifold, and blank
that off.
The ECU then read's the EGR as normal and the light never comes on.
Jed D

19th Feb 13 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daine
Paul, can't understand why people (lad's on this site) blank the EGR valve off, then tie it up out
the way.
Leave it on and plugged in!. Go to the original throttle place on the inlet manifold, and blank
that off.
The ECU then read's the EGR as normal and the light never comes on.

this + 1000. mine never brought the eml on and i left my egr

id love for someone to prove blanking it off has any sort of advantage whatsoever
Paul W
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, seems like it's the only way. Think I'll be plugging it back in tbh.

Having more trouble. Flashing up codes -

1120 - throttle body malfunction
1405 - EGR
0325 - knock sensor
0340 - camshaft sensor
0120 - Throttle position sensor

Can't for the life of me figure out why it's so fucked up.

daine
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the look of that lot Paul, your large blue plug needs undoing and checking and your two earth
wires on top of inlet mate.
Jed D

20th Feb 13 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a spare throttle body for one of these kicking about mate. couple of quid plus postage and its yours, inbox me
Paul W
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to be all sorted now. Pretty much redone it all, extended the wiring for the egr and plugged everything up and it seems to be spot on now. Must have been a loose connection somewhere. Definitely pulls better . Cheers lads

New Poll