corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Upload Speeds etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Upload Speeds etc
nathy_87

User status: Offline
17th Feb 13 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need your help please.

I'm wanting to set my Black Ops 2 live streaming up with Youtube. However it says on the B.O menu that Live Streaming is disabled for users with upload bandwidth less that 1.5mps.

I've done a quick test on http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/ unsure how accurate it is and it's come with the following results which I'm led to believe it's pretty shit:

Anything I can do?

[Edited on 17-02-2013 by nathy_87]
Y869 SRA

17th Feb 13 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speedtest gives me better figures than that site. Duno how accurate either is though.
nathy_87

17th Feb 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by V931_FEF
Speedtest gives me better figures than that site. Duno how accurate either is though.

Giving out the same reading more/less.

Balling
Premium Member

17th Feb 13 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What connection are you promised by your ISP?

nathy_87

17th Feb 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm I'm not sure ( ). As I had no dealings with it.

[Edited on 17-02-2013 by nathy_87]
Balling
Premium Member

17th Feb 13 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you need to find that out, otherwise you can't use those numbers up there to anything, really.

I'll say this though, 1.5 mbps upload is above average, as far as I'm aware.
I think 1 mbps up is pretty standard these days.

nathy_87

17th Feb 13 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody nora!! So would it be down to the Service Provider obviously in this case BT?
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Feb 13 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Upload typically just isn't required in any high amounts for a home connection.

I'm currently getting 13mbps down and .70mbps up for example.

If you wanted high upload speed you're better off with SDSL as that'll give equal bandwidth either way, ADSL is designed to be heavily weighted in one direction.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dan
Premium Member

17th Feb 13 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With my new sky fibre, im getting 21 down, 8 up, seems rather high the up, is that usual ?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Balling
Premium Member

17th Feb 13 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, with fibre you usually get much higher upload speeds.

Balling
Premium Member

17th Feb 13 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
So would it be down to the Service Provider obviously in this case BT?
I'm not sure what you're asking here.

If the question is whether there's an issue with your speed then you first need to find out which speed you're paying for.

Two possible scenarios:
1. You're paying for a 512 upload - case closed. If you want faster upload speeds, order faster upload.
2. You're paying for a faster upload than you're getting - time to locate the issue, if there is one. In some cases the ISP may not be able to supply the advertised speeds.

andy_mk3

17th Feb 13 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's about right for ADSL. I used to be on about the same speed and got about the same:

Now on fibre and it's a bit better lol.

You'll not see any better on ASDL unless you pay for a service that might offer a better upload. I doubt you'll see 1.5mb up though.
noshua

17th Feb 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
With my new sky fibre, im getting 21 down, 8 up, seems rather high the up, is that usual ?

You should be getting more then that as its only copper from the cabinet not the exchange like ADSL. I get the full 40/10 as advertised, you shouldn't really be getting less than 30 down!
andy_mk3

17th Feb 13 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
quote:
Originally posted by Dan

You should be getting more then that as its only copper from the cabinet not the exchange like ADSL. I get the full 40/10 as advertised, you shouldn't really be getting less than 30 down!

Still depends on how far you are from the cab, you can still be a fair distance and the wiring may not me brilliant.

I can't wait for FTTP, I really can't.
Balling
Premium Member

17th Feb 13 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
You'll not see any better on ASDL unless you pay for a service that might offer a better upload.
Just like you can't fill more than half a tank in your car, unless you pay for more petrol.

ed

17th Feb 13 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The A in ADSL stands for asymmetric after all.
noshua

17th Feb 13 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dan

Still depends on how far you are from the cab, you can still be a fair distance and the wiring may not me brilliant.

I can't wait for FTTP, I really can't.

Why FTTP? It'll be years before it gets rolled out properly and there's already 120Mbps in VM areas, no doubt that'll go to 200Mbps by the end of 2013
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Feb 13 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
The A in ADSL stands for asymmetric after all.
A2H GO

18th Feb 13 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if you did have 1.5mb upload speed, I'd imagine trying to livestream and play it would be really laggy.
Wrighty

18th Feb 13 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably not to him, but for others he would be laggy. you wana be about 1mb upload for gaming to start with. how the hell do you game with .3 upload?
Dan
Premium Member

18th Feb 13 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dan

My router status page shows...

DownStream Connection Speed 40000
UpStream Connection Speed 9996

Does that mean im getting it, just not getting it due to other factor like wireless and stuff

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Balling
Premium Member

18th Feb 13 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
you wana be about 1mb upload for gaming to start with. how the hell do you game with .3 upload?
Where are you getting those numbers from? Nathy's speed should be perfectly adequate for gaming.

Toby
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 06:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dan

My router status page shows...

DownStream Connection Speed 40000
UpStream Connection Speed 9996

Does that mean im getting it, just not getting it due to other factor like wireless and stuff

Yeah in a nutshell. That's the speed your syncing with the exchange/fibre cabinet.
So in theory your maximum connection speed is available but your never going to get it as you said due to the router, wireless connection etc.

New Poll