corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Current insurance claim and getting another car insured

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Current insurance claim and getting another car insured
mattievRS

User status: Offline
19th Feb 13 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently claiming on a car I've crashed. The insurance are being very slow to sort it, I don't have a courtesy car but am looking to buy another car as the one I'm claiming on is sure to be written off.
How do I insure the new car with my no claims I've built up? (Currently protected)
Gary
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you'd just use your current insurer?
Matt L

19th Feb 13 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most places wouldn't quote me when I had an on going claim so I'd stick with current and then cancel once sorted if you find somewhere cheaper
mattievRS

19th Feb 13 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if I'm claiming I can still use my current insurer and policy then?
shaunmods
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattievRS
So if I'm claiming I can still use my current insurer and policy then?

Yep! I've got a claim outstanding from a year ago and have changed the car on my policy three times
Graeme
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on claim etc. alot of companies have if the car is a total loss that is the end of the policy but that's normally if the crash was your fault and your claiming on your own insurance.

Just keep on the insurance company an the bodyshop dealing with it. Ring everyday.
mattievRS

19th Feb 13 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Depends on claim etc. alot of companies have if the car is a total loss that is the end of the policy but that's normally if the crash was your fault and your claiming on your own insurance.

Just keep on the insurance company an the bodyshop dealing with it. Ring everyday.

The claim is for my car after I hit ice and rolled it into a ditch. It's being dealt with but I'm going to need anther car as there is no way ill get it back as I wrecked it. There was no one else involved either.
Graeme
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not have courtesy car cover?
mattievRS

20th Feb 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Did you not have courtesy car cover?

No, never bothered as I only work down the road.
pow
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get a quote with an ongoing claim, just have to ring the company up. That's what I've done.

[Edited on 20-02-2013 by pow]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Current insurance claim and getting another car insured 23 database queries in 0.0137520 seconds