corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alternatives to a Zafira?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alternatives to a Zafira?
gtitim

User status: Offline
6th Mar 13 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having two young kids (5 yrs and 7 months) and another due before Xmas, I need to move to a suitable car. Currently running a Skoda Octavia VRS and a Clio 172. This is fine with two kids, and I can get both seats and pram etc in either. With the new one on the way, 3 kiddy seats do not fit.

I was thinking of selling both cars and getting a Zafira, and a small engined runabout for the odd commute - an old astra or corsa 1.4 or something. I would like the Zafira to have a bit of poke though, so looking at a Gsi. Budget will be what I get from both mine + £1-1.5k - so maybe £4-5k tops for both. What diesel Zafiras are any good - bit of oomph when I need it, but economy when not?

Any alternatives that I can comfortably get 3 kids in? Octavia is just not big enough, plus with a 7 seater I can have the eldest's friends out as well.
pow
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's the Sharan family, colleuge of mine has just bought a 7 seat Touran 1.6 TDI DSG which is a lovely motor for a dad-bus
Ben G

6th Mar 13 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a work colleague has a 57 reg zafira 1.9 cdti (150) and he's had no end of problems with it.

he checked on the internet forums and a lot of people also had the same problems as him. mostyl swirl flap things, egrs and headgaskets.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

s max?
RichR
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

XC90?
gtitim

6th Mar 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
XC90?

Out of my budget.
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
s max?
Was going to mention this. Stuff like the S Max and Meriva etc have three small seats in the back instead of 2.5 full sized ones like in most cars, with the purpose of carrying kids about. Only problem imo is none of that class of car look that great, but it depends on how much you're bothered about that.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
gtitim

6th Mar 13 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have always had reasonably quick cars, and would like to have something with a bit of 'go'. The Zafira Gsi seems to tick all the right boxes from that point, and the mechanics are common too. I like the idea of 7 seats to be able to take the kids and their friends out, not having to take two cars out.
GB123
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will get quite a good condition GSi for that money, the decent ones seem to be around the £3-4k mark.
Ben G

6th Mar 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
s max?
Was going to mention this. Stuff like the S Max and Meriva etc have three small seats in the back instead of 2.5 full sized ones like in most cars, with the purpose of carrying kids about. Only problem imo is none of that class of car look that great, but it depends on how much you're bothered about that.

are you saying the s max doesn't look good? imo it's the best looking mpv on sale.
gtitim

6th Mar 13 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite like the look of the S Max. Not a fan of the Meriva, or the newer Zafira for that matter. Would be a diesel S Max, or a Touran or Zafira at moment - although not sure what the diesel Zafiras are like - I want something a bit punchy.
Alex_Rally

6th Mar 13 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

landrover discovery
GB123
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The newer zafira cdti 150's can be mapped to about 190bhp iirc.
gtitim

6th Mar 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_Rally
landrover discovery

Within my budget would be too old - plus I want something quick-ish. Not interested in 4x4, and the rear seats are sideways I think? Not for me.
Ben G

6th Mar 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123

And blow up afterwards
GB123
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by GB123

And blow up afterwards

Apparently that's the safe figure on the standard clutch, not too sure about it myself though.
recarouk

6th Mar 13 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zafira's are shockingly shit.

Mazda5 are a good alternative that everyone overlooks, sliding side doors and the sport versions arent that bad to look at either:

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201302255482652/sort/default/usedcars/fuel-type/diesel/model/mazda5/make/mazda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/radius/1501/postcode/ls277hn?logcode=p

more of a 6 seater really but plenty of space and felxibility.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alternatives to a Zafira? 24 database queries in 0.0145640 seconds