corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » photobucket alternative

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author photobucket alternative
bigron1988

User status: Offline
14th Mar 13 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

photobucket has now changed and i hate it it takes 10x longer to get links , what are the alternatives out there that have for example all the pics on one page with the links underneath them instead of having to click on each one to get them , i also upload all the photos from my iphone so would like one with a app that means i can still do this , cheers
monkeytwizzel

14th Mar 13 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel your pain ben,your one up on me tho i can`t even get my photo`s up on this bloody site!
oh yeah forgot car looks good,odd looking from side tho,

[Edited on 14-03-2013 by monkeytwizzel]
Sam
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by monkeytwizzel
I feel your pain ben,your one up on me tho i can`t even get my photo`s up on this bloody site!
oh yeah forgot car looks good,odd looking from side tho,

[Edited on 14-03-2013 by monkeytwizzel]

Go premium on CS, only £12.50 a year and you can upload your images as well as support the site.
Nismo

15th Mar 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still a follower of Fotki myself. They have iPhone app etc
Balling
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dropbox is pretty good for this sort of thing.
From phone or PC.

Just throw your photos in the Photo folder and a gallery is automatically made.

2 GB storage limit though, unless you pay.

Gary
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone needs to make a nice little app that allows you to use your own server space to upload photos from your phone. And a simple online viewer with IMG links etc. I'd be all over that!
Gary
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also feeling the pain of Photobucket but i've been ussing it for about 5 years so quite a lot of photos to get out of it! Bulk download?
Balling
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Someone needs to make a nice little app that allows you to use your own server space to upload photos from your phone. And a simple online viewer with IMG links etc. I'd be all over that!
Can't see that being too difficult.

I'm sure there'll be FTP apps for most mobile OS's.

Just set up a web gallery that grabs all photos from "/photos" and makes each subfolder a separate gallery. Tons of free solutions that does that.

Then just throw photos from phone to /photos folder. Job done.

Rob_Quads

15th Mar 13 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Dropbox is pretty good for this sort of thing.
From phone or PC.

Just throw your photos in the Photo folder and a gallery is automatically made.

2 GB storage limit though, unless you pay.

Yup Dropbox can be very handy.

Through various challenges and tricks you can quickly up your allowance. i.e. enabling photo upload from my phone gave me an extra 3GB. I just deleted the photos as soon as they were uploaded. Now got around 10GB of free space
Dom

15th Mar 13 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another alternative to Dropbox is Box.net, there's 50GB codes floating around which is handy.
evilrob
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use CloudApp for my image hosting - you can get a taskbar app for drag-and-drop goodness called FluffyApp.

I've yet to find a faster way to upload a file (photo or otherwise) and get a link to it - you just drag and drop, the file gets uploaded, then you have the URL in your clipboard ready to paste into a forum post.

Only limitation is you can only upload 10 files a day with a free CloudApp account, and the maximum file size is 25Mb. I very rarely hit this limit, though.
evilrob
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FluffyApp for Windows:
http://fluffyapp.com

Signup page for CloudApp:
http://my.cl.ly/register

iPhone clients for CloudApp for uploading stuff straight from your phone, pick one you like the look of:
http://cloudierapp.com
http://www.getstratusapp.com
http://cloud2goapp.com

[Edited on 15-03-2013 by evilrob]
3CorsaMeal

15th Mar 13 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep trying others as photobucket phone app doesn't work anymore, tried flickr but not too keen on that, same with dropbox.

Might go back to Fotki whatever it was
Balling
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
I use CloudApp
For quick file sharing, this is an awesome application. Didn't realise there was a Windows version out.
Does it have the keyboard shortcuts too?

On the Mac Ctrl+Cmd+R instantly uploads any files and folders you've got currently selected and automatically ZIP's them.
Same shortcut also uploads a flat version of your current Photoshop document, which is incredibly handy for sending out layout proposals or posting idiotic Photoshops on CS.

evilrob
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno about the Windows version, never used it myself - I'm also a Mac user so like yourself, I use the official CloudApp, err, app with the CTRL+CMD+R raindrop functionality too.
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Mar 13 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm using Picasa/Google+ at the moment as I can sync (manually or automatically) straight from the gallery on my S3 and can also sync "My Pictures" from windows using the Picasa client.

Seems ok, I've got a firefox addin which lets me right click an image and it sticks the [img] tagged URL in my clipboard for me.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Balling
Premium Member

18th Mar 13 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Picasa/Google+
Picasa is a good shout actually. I use that for sharing holiday pictures with family and friends.

The desktop software is fantastic to work with. Just cycle through all images in a folder and press space to star/favourite the ones you want to upload. Then press a button and it synchs everything online.

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

25th Mar 13 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I keep trying others as photobucket phone app doesn't work anymore, tried flickr but not too keen on that, same with dropbox.

Might go back to Fotki whatever it was

photobucket iphone app (snapbucket) works fine for me, only problerm with it is you cant get img links off it you can upload onto your photobucket then you have to go onto a real computer and do some real clicking with a real mouse
A2H GO

25th Mar 13 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
photobucket has now changed and i hate it it takes 10x longer to get links

Agreed with this, I used to use it for all my ebay listing images and could get liks for multiple images at once. Takes ages now.

I have about 70gb with Dropbox but it doesn't feel like the right tool for what I need.

New Poll