corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is this OK for a cold air feed?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this OK for a cold air feed?
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Apr 13 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I'm finished responding to what you've said, I'm entitled. Your chosen use of laughing smilies and lack of real substance to what you say speaks volumes
big eck

29th Apr 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And your chosen "standard is better" reply is much better??? Ok then.
_Allan_

29th Apr 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF Brett on the TFSI engine the actual standard box is built into the engine cover and even with an upgraded panel filter, is not much cop.

The ITG adds a fair bit of BHP and is recommended by most top tuners. Revo, APR etc..

I don't have an additional cold air feed on mine Munchie as the leon already has decent air flow into that part of the bay, through the fog light vents.

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by _Allan_]
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok fine a constructive comment rather than attempted character assassination. I'll have to take your word for it Allan. I just think that most cars in standard guise including a little remap really don't need to be removing the airbox. I'm sure you'd agree that even these cars with gains will still suffer heat soak in a non enclosed environment. I'd still also be loathed to put some ebay ducting on my new Audi too tbh.

You want to disagree with me, fine say, but don't start going off on a tangent about what kind of person I am, even more so when I haven't even heard of you before now. Eck was clutching at straws, no real supportive evidence driving his claims except the clear want to have an argument with me for some unknown reason, presumably because I'm one of them

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by Brett]
_Allan_

29th Apr 13 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep agree about open cone filters. Mk1 Leon was better with the standard enclosed airbox and performance filter than most cone setups.

Mk2 standard wise is pretty poor and restrictive. Mine is not fully enclosed and Munchie picked a poor pic as an example. The heatshield and other foam block give the filter it's own, semi enclosed space once the bonnet is down. A bit of heatsoak maybe but the gains of the ITG are impressive on the TFSI engine. Not so much by marketing bullshit but on SCN there's plenty of people who have had before and after runs on standard and mapped cars, which show a decent gain.

Plus it sounds nice

More like this

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by _Allan_]
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yes, that makes a once non-enclosed kit an enclosed one certainly

I've had some powerful motors and I still retain the same standpoint as I did before, but if you're telling me there's noticeable gains on these without detrimental effects then fair play, and thank you for having the ability to put forward your differentiating view in a civil manner, Allan.
_Allan_

29th Apr 13 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs. Don't let me get in the way though. Carry on
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd finished on page 1 tbh, no need to continue this.

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by Brett]
Ian W

29th Apr 13 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My S3 (1.8T) had a K&N on it when I first bought it, sounded good but ran much better with the standard airbox on.

Haven't ran another cone filter since on the two 1.8T's I've had and wouldn't again....
stan_the_man

30th Apr 13 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stan_the_man
I fitted an intake pipe to my A3 20vT which went down behind the headlight and the filter fitted under/behind the bumper out of the way of any heat etc. Made a huge difference!

Cough.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is this OK for a cold air feed? 23 database queries in 0.0153742 seconds