corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Crazy shit MPG

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crazy shit MPG
WilboLlR

User status: Offline
29th Apr 13 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I own a 1.0 1999 corsa b,
I only drive it to college and back and sometimes to a friends house so overall i drive about 20 miles per day, but this costs me £5 everyday. £5 is about 0.8 gallons in the garage i get petrol so my mpg is 25mpg.
Anything i can do to increase the mpg?
I know that i can drive granny style to save on juice but is there anything else that will increae it? like using special type of oil, changing filters or removing the egr?
Also my trip counter and millage is seriously fucked, the trip goes up to about 400 miles per day even though i only do 20 miles, Anyone help me with this?
Balling
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oil, oil filter, air filter, tyre age, tyre quality, tyre pressure and your driving style are all major factors when it comes to MPG.

Dave

29th Apr 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plugs too, a good service certainly won't do any harm, especially if it's been a while.
gary2097

29th Apr 13 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends if you are putting £5 petrol in at a time if i have read this correctly so from the light coming on you put £5 in if so you will get crap MPG. Try filling the tank to the brim and resetting your trip computer and see how many miles you get out of it. I get 380 miles to a full tank in my 1.4 sport with mods doing long journeys so id say ball park figure from a 1 litre round the town on short journeys you should expect around the same 40 mpg or so also service will help as mentionned
gary2097

29th Apr 13 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i meant by the £5 at a time by the way is you dont know how empty the tank was when you put your £5 in if it was empty all you would be doing is filling the fuel lines and not putting much in the tank so will be showing empty in the tank quicker

New Poll