corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Security CCTV and light systems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Security CCTV and light systems
MarkM

User status: Offline
19th May 13 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got one on their property? Need a recommendation. Only really need two cameras but want to be able to view them from my iPhone or another computer.

Built in motion sensor would be good too with a security light.
Brett
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you wanna keep it simle, I've got these. Bang for buck I cannot fault them. IP camera so just plug in and go really. Wifi works fine although range isn't mega so I have mine wired with homeplugs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360515116515

Not sure you'd need a security light as the night vision works a treat. Ticks all the other criteria like viewing from phone/internet. Got mine setup to email me a burst of screenshots when motion is detected outside. I've then got the PC in the house with iSpy running which again records video on motion detection.

A bit more balls out, we have this kit at the folks using a DVR http://www.autoeyeuk.com/products.php?product_id=1170&l=2

Again, this records straight to the DVR on motion detection and can do the emailing screenshots amongst many other things.

Looks like this on phone app in matrix view so you can watch all of them live, or just click on one to view that live fullscreen.

Both setups work really well. Personally I'm in the market for a DVR too as I'm sick of leaving the noisy PC on. Seems to get itself quite hot if it's recording video non-stop But the ebay link of the cameras I use will just work standalone if you wish, but then you lose video recording functionality and will have to live with screenshots, but could still watch them live.

My router seems to be wank and port-forwarding is dodgy as, so watching mine live doesn't really work until I sort that, so just make sure you're router can port-forward if you're wanting to watch live outside of your network.

[Edited on 20-05-2013 by Brett]
Nismo

20th May 13 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those images are shocking in comparison with some run of the mil IP stuff, all depends how much you want to pay and what features you want.

If you have a spare PC, you can turn it into a IPVR running a free version of Milestone and get a few IP cameras, but if you just want to get a kit and are not overly fussed on quality then just take a look in Maplins for DVRs with built in smartphone access etc..
Brett
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't go judging the camera image quality on something that's been compressed a few times over, bit daft that. Top left camera actually needs attention as it's full of shit.
Nismo

20th May 13 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Compressed or not they are shocking images, resizing a screen shot would not have such a bad effect on an image as that?

Ok had a look at the link, its VGA thats why.

Brett
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you're a CCTV wiz, but the image quality does suffer massively when it's compressed over and over, they've not just been re-sized (it's compressed alone just to receive over 3G, nevermind resizing and re-compressing in mspaint, then maybe again by the CS upload app). You can tell by the text alone. Anyway, it was a picture to show the app view, not image quality otherwise I would've uploaded a full res video. But that's same old CS, show a pic for one reason and get an array of comments you're not interested in about something else lol

By all means, show us a HD system for a similar price and we'll upgrade But as far as I was aware the individual cameras alone can be in the hundreds, which I doubt is what the OP was after.

[Edited on 20-05-2013 by Brett]
Nismo

20th May 13 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im no whiz, I was just assuming that was a screen shot from the dvr or web front end, if thats the view from a mobile app or something then thats fine Individual cameras can be thousands, but there are options to bring the price right down and still end up with a pretty decent system.
Brett
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always had the impression you worked in the industry, hence me calling you that
John

20th May 13 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My rents have a £500 quid swann one from costco with a pan tilt camera.

Can see the cameras from your phone and control the pan tilt one.
Nismo

20th May 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I've always had the impression you worked in the industry, hence me calling you that

I do
Brett
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you're a wizard then! Take the compliment damn it
Nismo

20th May 13 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant do it, John will not allow that.
MarkM

20th May 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leaving a PC running isn't really an option. I'd like the security light built in to act more as a deterrent.

I think it looks like the expensive option is the only option.

New Poll