corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Kwik Fit are at it again

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kwik Fit are at it again
Jimbothebarbarian

User status: Offline
21st May 13 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
I went once for some new Contisport contact tires. The cunts sold me four for less than I could get from anywhere else! Including black circles and camskill, fuckers..

Don't worry m8. The more than make up for it with the wheel refurb costs.

My wheels don't last long enough round here to need refurbs TBH.
shaned12345

21st May 13 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?58-Garage-services

Have a look on there, plenty of bad stories about kwik fit if you go through a few pages...
Steve
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I had front and back disks and pads replaced on my Grand Cherokee by Kwik-Fit on 14th May 2013. It was done at the Crawley, County Oak brank.

I was charged over £500 for the job. Last night, 18th May 2013, with my two children, wife and I in the car, we had just started off on the motorway, travelling at aprox 60 miles an hour, when we smelt a horrible burning smell. We immediately got of the motorway, stopped, jumped out to have a look and found the rear passenger side wheel glowing red and the tyre smouldering.

Luckily, we have a couple of drums of water in the car and dowsed the wheel to cool it down and then called the AA.

The AA arrived some hours latter, but even after this time the AA man could still smell the horrible buring smell. He checked the car and confirmed the fault was rubbing break pads, which had caused friction.

In the words of the AA man &quot;Kwik-Fit have messed up the job and your lucky to be alive&quot;.

The AA man pointed out the the smouldering trye was on the same side of the car as both the petrol and LPG tank and if we had not have stopped and had the water to dowse the wheel, from the heat damage he could see, the tyre would have burst into flames and potentially ignited the fuel and LPG.

He also explained that the tyre was only moments from failling due to the heat and this could have caused the car to crash if travelling at speed on a motorway.

Thats pretty typically shit from Kwik Fit, however talk about over drama and scaremongering

[Edited on 21-05-2013 by Steve]
Generation

21st May 13 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big over drama
Mattb

21st May 13 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt their slogan

Kwik Fit... you'll be amazed at what we do..

Seems rather fitting to be honest!

On a side note, for some reason the wifes mum took her car to a kwik fit for a service. They said the front brakes were worn to 90% with fucked discs
and that the rear wheel cylinders were leaking and wanted to replace the shoes drums and cylinder

Funnily enough, they were all fine when i checked them..
alan-g-w

22nd May 13 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant get shitter than a Kwik Fit fitter
WukaChop

22nd May 13 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad took his there to have the handbrake cable on the Mondeo changed, and they changed the entire braking system and didn't even tell us. Well, until the bill came.

[Edited on 22-05-2013 by WukaChop]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd May 13 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fpmsl
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd May 13 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you pay the bill?
Nath

22nd May 13 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But Nic said....

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Kwik fit are no different to anywhere else tbh.

Must just be a coincidence
WukaChop

22nd May 13 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we shouted at them a bit and eventually we agreed to only pay for the work that actually needed doing (Handbrake cable, front O/S disc, even though we didn't ask them to do that)
WukaChop

22nd May 13 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God knows, I could be wrong mate, it was 2006, I was 12 at the time. I do know that Mondeo has had so many problems with the brakes.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Kwik Fit are at it again 23 database queries in 0.0104148 seconds