corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Expensive looking crash at the Nurburgring today

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Expensive looking crash at the Nurburgring today
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jun 13 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im hoping one day there will be a CS legends trip to the Ring incorporating 3cm and AK too
Graham88

5th Jun 13 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes the whole thing is a different experience it's just crazy out there. It's not like living near any other race track.

But besides from everything else I go for how good the track is. 9 minutes or so on the same track, you don't get that anywhere else in the world, you don't have a track with almost every gradient, incline, decline, sharp corners, high speed corners, 150mph corners through a compression zone (civic crashed there). Imagine being flat out climbing 150m in a couple of km when a Lamborghini, Porsche GT3 RS & GSXR1000 go past you like you're standing still.

I agree you can do more UK days for the money and this is something that does cross my mind, but I can't get enough of the Nurburgring
smcGSI16V

5th Jun 13 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mrs hates cars/racing etc and didn't get the fascination of the place, seeing as I have been going since about 1999. she went with us this weekend just gone as the only lady and on the way home she said she can now see why people get a bug about the place. She had never been so scared in a car except when going around the ring and I only done one slow lap.
ed

5th Jun 13 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaned12345
http://youtu.be/IfHJCv_S6iI

Well that corner puts me off

[Edited on 04-06-2013 by shaned12345]

To be fair, most the people crashing seem to be racing the guy in front and running out of talent pretty quick.
Paul_J

5th Jun 13 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
My mrs hates cars/racing etc and didn't get the fascination of the place, seeing as I have been going since about 1999. she went with us this weekend just gone as the only lady and on the way home she said she can now see why people get a bug about the place. She had never been so scared in a car except when going around the ring and I only done one slow lap.

this ^^

Until you go, you don't really 'get it'... AK come on man, you need to come one year.
If you compare it to just doing a track day in the UK, you're missing what it's all about.

Also just to take the heat off Graham a bit, I usually go chasing a time... it makes it fun for me to think 'I want to do a ... x.xx BTG time' and then try to do it. I know that first lap is going to be miles off, but that's part of the fun for me.

That said, this year I didn't even take a car and still had an awesome time.
AK

5th Jun 13 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd like to go, but just cant muster up the enthusiasm to fork out the thousands needed to make the trip!

I dont want to be on track with cars, bikes, buses etc... so i'd rather do a Track Day.

I'd really prefer to go to Spa!
Graham88

5th Jun 13 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do Destination Nurburgring in August AK. 1.5 days of track time. I'm trying to see if I can do it
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jun 13 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spa only an hour away do both!
Nic Barnes

5th Jun 13 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf? Why are there busses on a race track?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Jun 13 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Wtf? Why are there busses on a race track?

Because its not a race track. It's a public road that moonlights as a track.
Lee_fr200

5th Jun 13 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I want to go so I can say I've been and the whole experience of not just driving but also watching the track action!

And as for speed I have no interest in trying to look good I'd be quite happy havig a nice steady drive watching all the nutters crash

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Expensive looking crash at the Nurburgring today 23 database queries in 0.1653509 seconds