corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Gulfies are coming back

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Gulfies are coming back
Ben G

User status: Offline
8th Jul 13 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A twat for revving his car on a public road? I'm sure we've all done that before, just not in such a nice souding car.
iXiiN

9th Jul 13 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certainly not, a twat for driving without a license or insurance.
Munchie

9th Jul 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need pics of it in the dark really to justify all that gash orange shiz all over it
neil h

9th Jul 13 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iXiiN

If your going to make such broad statements, it might be worth reading the article properly. I quote

quote:

Police stopped the car, which was also missing its front number plate, on Brompton Street and had it towed away after Mr Al-Thani failed to produce a licence or the correct insurance.

Note it doesn't actually say he doesn't have a license or insurance, simply that he couldn't produce it at the time. Besides, I'm not entirely sure no insurance is really an issue when you're a member of the Qatari royal family.
Cole

9th Jul 13 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off to London this weekend so hopefully might see it as there has been videos of it being driven after this incident
p

9th Jul 13 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
Off to London this weekend so hopefully might see it as there has been videos of it being driven after this incident

Prob gone by then fella unlucky.

This individual situation has been very weird I have to say. He flew over another car the next day anyway so no drama
iXiiN

10th Jul 13 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
quote:
Originally posted by iXiiN

If your going to make such broad statements, it might be worth reading the article properly. I quote

quote:

Police stopped the car, which was also missing its front number plate, on Brompton Street and had it towed away after Mr Al-Thani failed to produce a licence or the correct insurance.

Note it doesn't actually say he doesn't have a license or insurance, simply that he couldn't produce it at the time. Besides, I'm not entirely sure no insurance is really an issue when you're a member of the Qatari royal family.

You're right I only briefly read it, although I made that assumption based on the fact that they impounded it, a simple search on the system would've shown him to have a license and insurance. I always forget my documents, never had my car impounded because of it though.

I disagree that he shouldn't have to have insurance, I agree that he could probably pay for his and my car out of the change in his pocket if he wrote mine off but the point still standa that he thinks he can do whatever he wants because he's rich. Pet peeve maybe, I have every intention to becomenvery rich but I wouldn't place myself above the law and other members of the public purely because of the value of my empire.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

10th Jul 13 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You're right I only briefly read it, although I made that assumption based on the fact that they impounded it, a simple search on the system would've shown him to have a license and insurance. I always forget my documents, never had my car impounded because of it though.

His license and insurance won't be UK based, therefore without the documents, there's no proof. If a vehicle can't be proven as being insured at the roadside then it's impounded until proof is supplied,
Ben G

10th Jul 13 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, pretty difficult to prove things if you aren't a british citizen.

I think i'll be venturing into london soon to see some nice motors.
iXiiN

10th Jul 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah fair enough. Guess that makes sense.
oceansoul

10th Jul 13 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it need to have a front plate though as its only in the country for a temporary amount of time? Also, wish they would seize polish and other foreign cars, which I doubt have insurance.
p

12th Jul 13 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Still there as of Thursday night! Dunno how long that will last. But you're out of luck if you want to see many Arab cars, it's Ramadan so there is fuck all about now was stupidly deserted tonight.
Cole

12th Jul 13 at 04:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:

Still there as of Thursday night! Dunno how long that will last. But you're out of luck if you want to see many Arab cars, it's Ramadan so there is fuck all about now was stupidly deserted tonight.

Im not going just to look for cars and I thought they came herefor Ramadan if I see some then its a bonus if not thsts what goodwood festival of speed is for today lol
p

12th Jul 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:

Im not going just to look for cars and I thought they came herefor Ramadan if I see some then its a bonus if not thsts what goodwood festival of speed is for today lol

No they go home for Ramadan.
Cole

14th Jul 13 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well cars spotted were black aventador 4x458 3xlambos one was parked at our hotel and a veyron that was in about 30mins walking from Gloucester rd to Knightsbridge

[Edited on 14-07-2013 by Cole]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Gulfies are coming back 23 database queries in 0.0134130 seconds