corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20XE to C20LET...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE to C20LET...
simonXE

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 13 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been trying to decide weather to buy a c20let or just buy everything needed to convert my xe. I'm not looking for crazy power or anything so don't really see the point in rebuilding mine at this stage as its still sweet and well looked after. And I don't see the point in spending a load of cash on a let then doing a engine swap. So I'm going to buy all the parts needed bit by bit and was wondering if anyone has already done this and If people could inform me on everything ill need. I think I've got a pretty good idea off what I need anyway but any help is very much appreciated.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Jul 13 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be alot easier to buy a C20LET and swap it over rather than piss about trying to convert an XE, look at this way if money is an issue, get the C20LET in properly and if the XE is as sweet as you say it is then sell it and use the cash to pay for the LET swap
simonXE

3rd Jul 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So does that mean its alot harder to convert an xe? I didn't imagine it would be as there's not a major amount of work to be done... And I thought the conversion parts would be less than buying a let ?
Edges 58

3rd Jul 13 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I can see.. You need to tap a thread in the block for turbo oil return.. Supply not sure but think it comes from the filter area.

Then you need pistons, conrods, exhaust cam, manifolds, turbo, exhaust, loom, injectors, IC, pipe work, can't think of much else.

While apart might as well do oil spray jets for under the pistons.. And arp rod bolts
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Jul 13 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic Barnes has a converted XE with silly power. Might be able to shed some light for you?
ianofbhills

3rd Jul 13 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're just going to run a LET on standard management then it is far easier not to mention cheaper to just buy a complete engine then it would be to source all of the individual parts.

If you're building a decent power motor then you may as well start with an XE as you wont be needing half of the LET components and you'll be on aftermarket management.
simonXE

3rd Jul 13 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok then.. So everything is pointing towards just getting a let then really lol!
simonXE

3rd Jul 13 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you defo not just turbo the xe? Without changing internals btw?
Nic Barnes

3rd Jul 13 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you can
simonXE

3rd Jul 13 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just obv can't go for silly power on standard externals then

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20XE to C20LET... 23 database queries in 0.0085990 seconds