corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using webuyanycar.com

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using webuyanycar.com
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 13 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are people experiences with them? Getting better than part ex prices and would mean I could buy with cash which should result in a better deal but thinking that when I get there they are going to knock money off for dust on the dashboard!!
whitter45

22nd Jul 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used them for the VXR - got a really good price

Offered 1k less than BMW for our 1 series though so didnt bother
NovaGTE2

22nd Jul 13 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
used them for the VXR - got a really good price

Offered 1k less than BMW for our 1 series though so didnt bother

I have one light curb mark on an alloy but no other marks; did you have similar and did they knock anything off?
whitter45

22nd Jul 13 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VXR was immaculate and gave me asking price on website

I think they knock around 200 for wheels and also service history is a big thing for them

I think it depends on the car you have as they seemed very interested in the VXR as they probably will sell it a younger driver who will take finance out at there higher rates
NovaGTE2

22nd Jul 13 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its my 3 series mate; so prob a desirable one as only has 4K and only 6 months old. They have offered £3K more than local BMW against a new car!!
Munchie

22nd Jul 13 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will knock off £75 or so for each wheel and around £125 for each dent. so bare that in mind.....I would resolve the small scratch to get a better price as £75 is alot of dosh
MatthewR

22nd Jul 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used them last year. I described the car exactly how it was and i got every penny of the quotethey gave me online. Service was superb
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd Jul 13 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a rival company, got a fair quote (better than trade-in) and so went to let them look at it.

They ended up knocking £1000 off the web quote because of a handful of stonechips on the bonnet and the fact it didn't have factory sat-nav.

That would be fine, if I'd not specified both the stonechips AND the no satnav on the web quote generator. Additionally he tried to knock £300 off for not having "HFT".

I asked him what HFT was and he said it was a traction control system they only added to the top spec cars. Googled it at his desk on my phone and stupidly realised it was Hands Free Told him and he flushed up a fair bit.

Total jokers, ended up selling back to Honda for £11k which was £200 above trade-in.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Toby
Premium Member

22nd Jul 13 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They earn the commission based upon the amount the reduce the original offer by.
_Allan_

22nd Jul 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen them by work a couple of times knocking peoples quotes down Then it's onto the car park for some handbrake turns and doughnuts before loading them onto the transporter
andy1868

22nd Jul 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that the people buying the cars or selling them

Jed D

22nd Jul 13 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could be wrong but im sure i can weigh my cat converter in for more than what they value my daily vectra B yet i bet it outlives a lot of much newer cars

£225 for a 02 plate veccy derv

[Edited on 22-07-2013 by Jed D]
shaned12345

23rd Jul 13 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Minus £50 quid admin charge i also got a quote for my last veccy diesel lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using webuyanycar.com 24 database queries in 0.0107040 seconds