corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need to buy an inner cv boot (XE related)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need to buy an inner cv boot (XE related)
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 13 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OS inner CV is split and leaking grease, need to get it changed before brands in a couple of weeks and my cars over at our other bodyshop I Guildford at the mo, so gonna try and get them to do while its there for me

Can't remember can you change the inner CV boot by just popping it out of the gear box or it is it drive shaft off completely? Surely just pop it out of the gearbox end and change the boot?

Main query is can I use standard CV boots or because its an XE I have to get larger ones or conversion ones? (Never had to order any before?)

Thanks guys I know someone will know
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

22nd Jul 13 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you undo the bottom ball joint you can get enough room to pop it out of the gearbox them pull the shaft off. It's awquard though

And I'm pretty sure you have to use the conversion boot aswell.
Not sure on the part number for the boot but the cv joint is pjn15 (I think)
Sean

22nd Jul 13 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you just use a stretch boot on them?
*CorsaCal*

22nd Jul 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno about the boot but the part number is pj16n for the inner cv if your using gsi shafts.
Jamie-C

22nd Jul 13 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your popping it out of the box you might as well just slacken the big hub nut and have the whole unit out, it's just 1 extra nut. Will be much easier instead of working in an awkward space
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Jul 13 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just used to whip the whole lot off.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 08:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know where i can get the conversion boot on its own from?? dont fancy forking out for a whole cv kit
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find a parts place that will give you a cv boot for a 1.6 deisel cav. That's all the conversion cv is
gazza808

23rd Jul 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what shafts your using surely,

Are you using gsi shafts with mk2 cav 1.6 inners?
Or conversion shafts?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no using the conversion shafts, bought the kit off chris astley motorsport ages ago, they since went bust but seen their websites trading again

bit sceptical ordering off them
1 parts took ages last time
2 seems a bit dodgey they went bust then are back again
gazza808

23rd Jul 13 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your using conversion shafts, I'm pretty sure a any cav 2litre inner boot will fit.

That's what I used on mine any ways.
Jamie-C

23rd Jul 13 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bring old boot to your local motor factors, they'll match it up to one about the right size

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need to buy an inner cv boot (XE related) 24 database queries in 0.0099912 seconds