corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c 1.8

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c 1.8
cookycorsa

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 13 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone help just bought a corsa c 1.8 with dbilas cams inlet mani,piper cat back with sports cat and map the guy I bought it off claims its 160bhp ive got receipts from midpoint but no printout thing is theres nothing there til about 5800 all way to 7000rpm im use to turbos but surely 160bhp should pull you back more in the seat but just doesn't seem that quick I use to have a z20let c 2years ago and had a 106 gti and it feels no quicker than my old 106 bit disappointed really does anyone have one with same spec as mine just feels like theres no tourqe
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

24th Jul 13 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it to your local rolling road and see what it makes, no point fannying about.
SXIBrad

24th Jul 13 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Willay said. Only way to tell for sure is to take it on a rolling road.
N7 THD

24th Jul 13 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the colour/ reg of the car?

The dbilas or rep inlets shift all the power to the top end, I had the same problem,...

originally I had schrick bullet cams and a 4-2-1 manifold and my 1.8 was really quick! I then fitted the inlet and it was horrible!

ditch the inlet, make a few quick and spend elsewhere, or buy some vernier pulleys and see if you can bring the power band lower down in the rev range?
deano87

24th Jul 13 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FULL STOP COMMA.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

24th Jul 13 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an astra with the same engine.

very slow
AndyCorsaSport

24th Jul 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slower in the Astra anyway.
cookycorsa

25th Jul 13 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ultra blue 54 plate yeah going get it on ermm its starting misfire now and again then clears higher in the revs is it worth changing the coil pack?? had it on diagnostics today and nothing came up gave it a full service looked like it hasn't been done a very long time a little better but still not right

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c 1.8 23 database queries in 0.0084481 seconds