corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Missing out to and the etc

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Missing out to and the etc
gazza808

User status: Offline
28th Jul 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the lads here are from keighley, skipton, Halifax way just go off what they say lol,

Though I find when I work away with them for 6 weeks and they're the only english people I see I find my self picking it up.
belton

28th Jul 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Some people around here have got it down to such a level of efficiency it's quite amazing, "goin' gym" is popular but still contains too many syllables for some. " 'moff gym" the 2 syllable version of "I'm off to the gym" is quite popular.

[Edited on 27-07-2013 by Mike]

You just wouldn't hear me and "going to the gym" in the same sentence. Ever

"Moth t gym, c thi." - I am going to the gymnasium. I will see you later on.

I was going to say Carl you sound like your from Barnsley - then read your location
When I used to go to Nottingham with kids from all round the country I would get ripped for being such an articulate southern fag.
Listening to the two lads from Barnsley having a conversation to me sounded like it was in elvish, all that 'dah do'etc, I wpuld rather a northern accent anyway.
make every joke sound 10x funnier
Carl

28th Jul 13 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by belton
quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Some people around here have got it down to such a level of efficiency it's quite amazing, "goin' gym" is popular but still contains too many syllables for some. " 'moff gym" the 2 syllable version of "I'm off to the gym" is quite popular.

[Edited on 27-07-2013 by Mike]

You just wouldn't hear me and "going to the gym" in the same sentence. Ever

"Moth t gym, c thi." - I am going to the gymnasium. I will see you later on.

I was going to say Carl you sound like your from Barnsley - then read your location
When I used to go to Nottingham with kids from all round the country I would get ripped for being such an articulate southern fag.
Listening to the two lads from Barnsley having a conversation to me sounded like it was in elvish, all that 'dah do'etc, I wpuld rather a northern accent anyway.
make every joke sound 10x funnier

I feel paranoid with mine if I talk to anyone who doesn't live in a 50 mile radious, you can tell they are thinking "this lad is thick" and for some reason, be it nerves or because i'm thinking that way, my accent gets worse. Also if I get asked where i'm from and say Barnsley and they reply with; Baaaaaaarnsley, I immediately think they are a twat and lose interest.
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I've been in London visiting my mate I used to get their friends down there commenting on my accent being so northern. End up feeling a bit concious about it

I don't even have that broad an accent compared to some.
CORSAguy93

31st Jul 13 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my girlfriends wigan accent is similar to the yorkshire thing " just goin' t shop for some crisp". must be funny for onlookers given that im somewhat of a birkenhead liverpool crossover. just freaks me right out, no one in wigan says crisps its just crisp.
Ben G

31st Jul 13 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
When I've been in London visiting my mate I used to get their friends down there commenting on my accent being so northern. End up feeling a bit concious about it

I don't even have that broad an accent compared to some.

whenever we're in a shop or restaurant and the missus says something, the waiter/cashier will always say what/pardon. It's quite comical really.

I understand her fine.
Aaron

31st Jul 13 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None of you have heard true English until you've spent a day in Hull
mwg

1st Aug 13 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Ull
Whittie

1st Aug 13 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This annoys me greatly!

Grimmy can't talk properly, nor can the sales girl in work. Both I'd like to shoot.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Missing out to and the etc 23 database queries in 0.0094180 seconds