corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halliwell Jones North Wales Motorshow with Pics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Halliwell Jones North Wales Motorshow with Pics
whitter45

User status: Offline
15th Sep 13 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys

I got a VIP invite to the Halliwell Jones North Wales Motorshow so popped in yesterday and was pleasantly surprised how good the day was. Bacon butties for Breakfast and free lunch but teh cars were the focus. They had over 30 cars available to test drive including other makes such Mercedes A Class, Audi A4, A3 and Q5 and of course loads of BMW's. Pick of the bunch included an x6 M50d, M5, M6 and z4 35i, M135i

I drove the following

320d MSport Touring Auto
M135i Manual
z4 35i
M5!!
M6

We did a 15 mile test route alone - No sales guys or anything so had a chance to open them up on the A55 etc

320D was OK, Interior was a mix of improvements over my e90 but also some drawbacks. Everything felt chunky and not as well suited to the driver. Steering wheel and actual ride/handling were a vast improvement. It was on my short list of next cars but now not so sure although I wouldn't be upset if I got one

M135i - well I now see what all the hype is about with this car. If didn't do 25k a year I would get one tomorrow. Engine is an absolute peach, sounds awesome and goes very very well. Handles superbly but also very very refined when just pottering around. Cabin is almost the same to the 3 series but felt better suited in the 1 series. Only let down was the steering wheel

Z4 - much the same as the M135i in terms of engine etc. Just couldn't live with the lack of room

M5 - well what an experience having 40 mins alone with this car. Wife was not impressed but i certainly was. the 5 series is a huge car and still on my top choices come car change but the M5 felt small when behind the wheel. Engine is something to marveled at - instant throttle, awesome noise and gear changes like that of a 458. The headup display was fantastic, ride was superb and in all a great experience. Notice a change when M1 mode is engaged - didn't fancy going to M2 and was told not to - apparently they can check this so didn't risk it

M6 - as above but for some reason preferred the M5

What the M5/M6 did though was show how unaccessible the power/performance is for about 95% of the time - you would just lose your license

Overall the M5 was the experience of the day but the M135i was up there for me and at 30k is a great car

Pics

Location - Beautiful place

DSC_3503 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3511 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3510 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3507 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3506 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3505 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

Cars

DSC_3487 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3486 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3499 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3502 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3497 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3496 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3495 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3494 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3493 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3492 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3491 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3489 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_3488 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

Jambo

15th Sep 13 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That M5 looks god awful in white with black wheels.

Surprised how good the 320d looks actually!
deano87

15th Sep 13 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has the M135i replaced the 1M?
whitter45

15th Sep 13 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No reports suggest it will appear when the 2 series is launched which is essemtially the coupe and convertible of the 1 series
Jambo

15th Sep 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Has the M135i replaced the 1M?

Nope it's the stepping stone or one below the 1M. No LsD or widened track and available as an auto. The sportier than normal but still not as hardcore as an ///M have the badge before the model name. Like M550d for e.g

As Whitter says, it will be the 2series or M2 that replaces it.
deano87

15th Sep 13 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noice, cause it will he one of my lottery cars

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halliwell Jones North Wales Motorshow with Pics 23 database queries in 0.0121551 seconds