corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tigra runs a 10.1 1/4

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tigra runs a 10.1 1/4
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Oct 13 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copy? Jesus. It's not F1.
bigron1988

1st Oct 13 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not on about mine here but it is competitive in drag racing so if someone can be the first it can help, there is one comp in this country where the prize fund was at £7000 this year so people don't want others to know what there doing
Jed D

2nd Oct 13 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Copy? Jesus. It's not F1.

your right, and personally i dont do the secret side of things myself but then again mine was just a 'shitty corsa V6' i like drag racing because its fun, not really fussed on the competitive side of things myself, its self satisfaction for me.
i do however understand why things are kept secret, kind of how bens just said.
the whole thing about me spilling the beans about bens, iv messaged him and explained my reasons for it. yeah it was a cunts trick of me and i probs shouldn't of done it, however it'd be interesting to know how many other people seen the picture that was going around via FB messages before i did.

im shocked at how so many people know about this american 2.2 though! thought it was all hush hush tbh. im saying fuck all, hope it works out for him though, if it does, in theory, it'll set new records for fwd in this country
Nic Barnes

2nd Oct 13 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno how people afford it............
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Oct 13 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes no sense though, if Richard Batty gets told about someone building a 1200bhp American 2.2 engined something or other, what's he going to do? Buy an American built 4G63? Doubt it.

I get that there's prize money and everyone is competitive but keeping quiet abot something nobody else will be doing is odd.
daine
Premium Member

2nd Oct 13 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have a massive "Disposable income" Nic, and nothing else in the world matters.
bigron1988

2nd Oct 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but if one of the vauxhall lads finds a way to get a good gearbox to work then the other vauxhall lads will copy
John

2nd Oct 13 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought this whole scene was all about car enthusiasts helping each other? This all sounds a bit elite to me.
bigron1988

2nd Oct 13 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like any Motorsport its competitive
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Oct 13 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want something kept a secret, its not hard to keep it that way.

If you want to pretend its a big secret, when really you want people to know and get chins wagging etc, then its easy enough to do so.

Take this thread for example, point proven.

The VAG boys are the same. Post picture's of a carboard box, or a close up of an alloy wheel spoke, then say nothing till the parts have been fitted. Yet folk comment in the project threads saying "i know what it is" blah blah blah.
Paul_JC

2nd Oct 13 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember watching something about drag racing a while back and they said something about american cars being imported to the uk running slower times and they had it down to air density ?
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Oct 13 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
No but if one of the vauxhall lads finds a way to get a good gearbox to work then the other vauxhall lads will copy

I don't see why this is hard anyway, sack the F28 off and use a Toyota E153 or a fwd converted evo box with a ppg gear kit. It's easy, the problem is people won't spend the money and would rather buy 14 F28s a year.
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Oct 13 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even the gearbox Guy et al are using on the K20A civics, if they're making 1000bhp, the box much be coping with 700lb/ft or so.
Nic Barnes

2nd Oct 13 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auto box winking smilie
bigron1988

2nd Oct 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I don't see why this is hard anyway, sack the F28 off and use a Toyota E153 or a fwd converted evo box with a ppg gear kit. It's easy, the problem is people won't spend the money and would rather buy 14 F28s a year.

You say it like it costs nowt , ppg gear kit will prob be about £6000 then custom mounts, shafts, linkage , clutch and flywheel , I couldent see change out of £8000
bigron1988

2nd Oct 13 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Auto box winking smilie

Have you seen the size of them , klassen run one and that's why the engine is mounted so far forward, internals need uprated and again all custom shafts, clutch flywheel and mounts , and I would guess manifold would then need changing to fit in still
Nic Barnes

2nd Oct 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on about the other auto box not that one. That's what the winking smilie is for.
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Oct 13 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

You say it like it costs nowt , ppg gear kit will prob be about £6000 then custom mounts, shafts, linkage , clutch and flywheel , I couldent see change out of £8000

That's my point. It's possible but nobody wants to spend the money. E153 would work for you, much better than an F28 and you'd probably do it for £2k all tolled.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tigra runs a 10.1 1/4 23 database queries in 0.0203111 seconds