corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Urgent vx manifold help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Urgent vx manifold help
GreenyUK

User status: Offline
26th Oct 13 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ok so today I decided to fit this inlet, I know wish I never started I can't believe how much of a ball ache it is.
So after removing the old top inlet, and discovering I need to make blanking plates and trying to cut through a plastic pipe etc etc.
I am ready to offer the new vx inlet up here's the problem it doesn't fit.. The old studs that held the top inlet on arnt long enough they don't come up through. And the main harness plug, the big blue is right in the way! I can't seem to kove it any where the wires that lead off that to the injectors are so short it makes for no play wtf is deal here! I'm so fed up with it! It would of been far easier to change the engine for god sake.

Please can any one help
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

26th Oct 13 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to remove the studs from the lower inlet and use the 5 proper long bolts that go through the top of the powerbox to the treads on the top of the lower inlet.

its an absolute bastard to fit with the engine still in. the blue plug should fit under the powerbox but can be a tight squeeze. all the wiring does fit but in my experience the throttle body sensor wiring is tight so i had to fit the wiring onto the TPS before fitting the powerbox and bolting down
GreenyUK

26th Oct 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey man thanks for the reply. Do you get supplied with long bolts when you buy it? As I bought this second hand.
Don't suppose you know how long the bolts are I need so I can get some from some where.

Lol damn right it's a bastard, blood stupid ha. Still got to put it back together and figure out where all the hoses and vac pipe sect go back lol.

Not sure if ill be able to work on it tomorrow as the SW is supposed to be having a massive storm :/
Walking to work Monday then lol
Jed D

27th Oct 13 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was raking through my big bolt box of wonders the other day and came across a few of the bolts you need, not sure how many
as for the blue plug, when i had this engine as my daily and fitted this inlet i managed to tuck that under the lower inlet
the blanking plate for the old tb bracket came with it
and id personally advise leaving the egr un-blanked
cant understand how your finding it hard to fit tbh, theres not much to them. theres a guide on here somewhere that'll talk you through it

only thing i struggled with was that big black plastic pipe round the back
GreenyUK

27th Oct 13 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Jed well as I said it was bought second hand so came with nothing, so had to fab my own blanking plates which was not hard to do just thinking its allot of work for bolt on replacement part lol. I've removed the egr but will see what it is like can soon refit it.
How long are those bolts? And what size?
GreenyUK

27th Oct 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok guys got the thing fitted now. But what goes into the three threaded holes at the right end?? The top one is the brake servo which I've put in but what about the two below??
GreenyUK

27th Oct 13 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well through lots of searching Im still none the wiser but I now know there should be 2 vac connectors with the manifold but does not have them! So I've pad the lad I bought it off on here.

I was hoping to get this done today as I need it for work but won't be able to now!! And guess it will give time for replies here too..
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GreenyUK
Well through lots of searching Im still none the wiser but I now know there should be 2 vac connectors with the manifold but does not have them! So I've pad the lad I bought it off on here.

I was hoping to get this done today as I need it for work but won't be able to now!! And guess it will give time for replies here too..

ones the maf sensor, cant remember the other one. if there is any leaks the car will run lumpy as it will mess the fuel to air ratio.
Jed D

29th Oct 13 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, basically do a 5 or 6mm inner diameter hose that goes from the maf sensor on the bulk head down to the breather on the top of the cam cover, then cut into it to do a 1st T piece to go down to the tank vent valve (red connector) then further up do a 2nd T to go into the inlet...
the other hole left in the inlet is to be 3mm inner diameter hosed to the fuel regulator on the rail

thats how i did my old one

this seriously needs pinned up in helpzone cos people ask on a weekly basis
GreenyUK

2nd Nov 13 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys thank you very for that Jed. Sorry if it gets asked a lot I couldn't find anything.

Well it's still not running as I don't have the two vac connectors that screw into the vx inlet!! So can't do anything it's very! Frustrating! The lad I bought it off said he sent the 2 pieces first class Wednesday morning but I've still not received them!

I've emails the manufacture on eBay but get nothing back?! So my car is just sitting there!
GreenyUK

4th Nov 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right need to know what to do with a breather? Pipe that comes off the right hand side of the rocker cover it looks like a coolant pipe but it's not as it comes off the rocker cover, where does this go to?? I can't find anywhere that it will go? And can't remember for the life of me where it it came from before the new inlet
Jed D

4th Nov 13 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the very side of the cam cover you mean? i think i used an old can of stella or something, basically a catch tank if its the one im thinking of
GreenyUK

4th Nov 13 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's on the very end mate and comes out of the smaller of two barrel shapes at the end.
Ok cool thank you very much for your help.

Parts coming tomorrow hopefully from the manufacture. Nearly fixed
GreenyUK

9th Nov 13 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's all rebuilt and running seems ok.

The only problem I have is te throttle cable does not return very well so just keeps revving, the way the cable comes around and clips into the bracket on te inlet then on the TB seems to be not a good fit obviously as the TB sits on an angle the cable is abut bent.

Do you have to adjust it some how??
GreenyUK

9th Nov 13 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted.
Glen

12th Nov 13 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to turn the rubber stop on the back of the throttle pedal around, then it will give u more slack in the cable to readjust.

Here's a little video of me fitting mine - http://youtu.be/3XloIpOxL38
GreenyUK

12th Nov 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, I sorted it in the end 👍

New Poll